Broken: Chapter 19

Hello!
——————————

"Billie when I said break a leg I was just joking. It didn't mean go break something." I sighed talking to her as she sat on the couch.

"I jumped wrong, I'm sorry." She pouted as her eyes got watery. "Amor don't cry, you're gonna be ok, plus you always jump wrong." I cupped her cheek before pecking her lips. She giggled at my comment.

Billie was performing, like usual, and she fell causing her to twist her ankle and break her wrist. Thing is that she kept performing until the end. She was embarrassed about falling but she kept going.

She's been dealing with the pain in her left hand for too long so we're stopping by a hospital so she can get a cast. She sniffled all the way to the hospital.

When the doctor was checking her wrist she would wince and hiss. "I can't do dis." She whispered looking at me. "Baby, it's ok I'm here. You know that as long as I'm here you can slip." I assured making her nod.

"It huwts." She furrowed her eyebrows as tears started streaming down her face. "Mommy-." She pleaded biting her lip and her big blue eyes stared up at me.

"I know princess, you wanna sit on my lap while you get the cast on?" I asked, receiving a nod in response. We arranged ourselves so now she's sitting on my lap.

"Alright Billie, what color do you want?" The nurse smiled warmly at her. "Uhhhhm black." She thought with her index finger lightly tapping her chin. "You're adorable." I whispered.

She blushed and hid her face in my neck. "You ready?" The nice nurse asked Bil who nodded in response. She got her cast on with a little fuss and they let us go after telling us whatever they say after you get a cast on.

Billie slept on our car ride back to the tour bus. "Is she ok?" Dad asked as we walked in. "Yeah, she's just tired." I set her down in her bunk.

"Where we headed?" I asked my father. "I have no clue...but look at this." He chuckled then pulled out his laptop to show me the rough draft of the dress.

"This is what we have so far." "I like it." I smiled. "And since we can afford it, it's gonna be available in all the colors we have, plus custom." He grinned. "I already see you adding rhinestones." I laughed.

"I was getting to that." He opened another file and showed me the dress. "This one will be on the secret menu." He smirked. "A secret menu??" I asked confused. "What the fuck are we...a restaurant?"

"No pendeja you know what I mean." He raised his voice a little. "I do pero why'd you have to say it like that?" I laughed. He shrugged in response.

The laptop shut off by itself. "What the actual-." He tried turning it back on. It didn't work. He plugged it in and it turns out it was dead.

"Wasn't it on 89 or something?" I asked, looking for an explanation on how that happened. "Yes it was." "That's weird." I frowned.

"Has anything...weird happened to you?" He asked in thought. "Not that I remember." I answered. All that came to mind were the hospital lights, but those always flicker right?

I decided not to mention them, knowing it will bring him restless nights. "Don't think about it too much." I pat his shoulder before going to see if we have any food.

Mama Maggie was making sandwiches so I sat back down on the little couch. I can't sit still so I then went to check up on Billie.

I slowly opened the curtain to her bunk. She was awake, looking up at nothing in thought. "Hi angel." I caught her attention. "How do you feel?" I rubbed her flushed cheek.