Chapter 32: Stay With Me

Cara was struggling with a whirlwind of emotions. The flight back was mostly in silence. Cara piloted, focused, while Bucky copiloted, taking glances at the knife every so often. When they arrived back at the tower they brought the jet in slowly for a landing. As they lowered onto the landing pad, Cara could see Steve and Clint standing with their arms crossed, neither one of them looking very happy. She and Bucky glanced at each other, not saying a word, neither one of them really in the mood for this. Once the jet was off, Cara grabbed the knife before they exited together.

Bucky walked just ahead of her toward Steve and Clint. Cara didn't even look at them, aiming slightly to the right of them toward the door. Steve was going to let her go, he knew confronting her now wouldn't do any good. But Clint uncrossed his arms, walking directly into her path making her stop. Rolling her eyes and throwing her head back briefly she looked back at him angrily.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Clint said pushing her lightly.

When she didn't wince he looked at her questioningly. Unfazed, she looked right back at him, standing tall again.

"You and Bucky stole a jet and went off to who the hell knows where, you owe me an explanation."

"I don't owe you shit Clint." Cara responded quietly but firmly.

Bucky and Steve were watching them, listening carefully. Steve was less angry looking than when they had landed but was now looking concerned. Bucky still had the neutral stare on his face that he had on the jet.

"Come on we're talking about this inside." Clint said grabbing her strap on her quiver.

He went to drag her into the tower, away from the other two but Cara stopped him. Reacting, she grabbed his hand and with the opposite arm she dropped her elbow hard onto his arm forcing him to his knees on the ground. Clint let go and Cara kicked him just hard enough to knock him over onto his back. She went to walk away but Clint locked his legs into hers, throwing her to the ground as well. Catching herself she winced at the pain in her chest from her lung.

Twisting, she turned over, freeing her legs and hopped up staying low. Clint got up staying low as well tilting his head at her in a warning. She narrowed her eyes at him as she tried to sweep his legs out from under him but he dodged her sweeping leg, jumping over it. He went to grab her again but she dodged him again, twisting his arm so she had him in an arm hold behind his back.

"Leave me alone Clint." She warned.

"Fuck you."

She pulled on his arm harder, causing him to groan loudly in discomfort. Steve gently placed his hand on her arm, looking at her with caution. Avoiding his gaze for as long as she could, she eventually gave in, looking at him, anger still burning her features.

"You want to lecture me too?" She challenged.

"No, I just want you to let Clint go." Steve said calmly.

Looking back at Clint who was turning red in the face from pain, she held her grasp on him firmly. Her eyes began to burn as Steve's hand went up her arm, gently, carefully, resting on her upper back. He moved in closer to her, talking to her gently.

"Cara." Steve started.

Just the way he said her name already had her relaxed slightly.

"It's okay... Just let him go, it's okay." Steve continued, pausing briefly. "Come on, let's go."

Cara released Clint's arm as he fell all the way forward to the ground inhaling sharply. Tears were streaming down her face silently as Steve scooped her up, cradling her in his arms like he had barely one day before. This time, instead of blood soaking his uniform, her tears began seeping through the fabric. Bucky stayed behind, kneeling next to Clint as Steve took Cara inside. Without stopping to talk to anyone, he took her right to her room, locked the door behind him and took her right to her bathroom.

She felt numb standing there as he started the shower. She barely noticed him remove her personal arsenal from her, nor did she seem to notice when he carefully undressed her before placing her under the warm running water. She felt every emotion, not sure which one was the right one to feel.

Anger. She was angry that someone had tried to kill her and now. Confusion. Why would someone want to kill her over a higher value target like Steve? Guilt. She had manipulated her friends to get her way out of that bed and search for her own answers. Joy. She was happy that she and Steve hadn't been killed, that she actually had been promoted. Sadness. She was only alive because that bullet malfunctioned.

If a Hydra super soldier, like Bucky, wanted her dead, she would be dead, the only reason she wasn't was because that bullet malfunctioned. Bucky had even said so himself before they took off. But why her? Cara's head was spinning with emotions and questions. She snapped out of her own head as Steve kissed her forehead, moving to step back out of the shower. But she gripped his arm firmly, looking him pleadingly in the eyes.

Pulling him into her, she kissed him slowly, tenderly. Water rushing over them both Cara began stripping the soaked red, white and blue suit off of him, never breaking her hungry lips from his. Steve shimmied off his own boots as she undid his buckle, then his pants. When he tossed his boxers to the side she pulled back slowly, looking into his deep gorgeous blue eyes that looked back at her wanting.

Slowly pushing him back onto the floor of the shower, she climbed on top of him, swinging one leg over him. Water running over their bodies, she slowly started rubbing her hot wet center over him, already rock hard and ready for her. Steve let out a soft low moan at the sensation. When she couldn't stand it anymore she positioned herself over him, before slowly lowering herself down onto him, sliding his full length inside of her greedily. Crying out slightly at how amazingly full she felt, she threw her head back in pleasure.

As she began to slowly rock and gyrate her hips around, her back arched slightly, her nice full breasts heaved up and down. Steve propped himself up just enough to grip her firmly behind the knees, thrusting his hips up rhythmically with her motions. Moaning out noisily together, Cara's motions became quicker, she grasped onto him tightly with her legs, steadying herself on his thighs.

"That's right baby, come for me. Don't hold back," Steve said before letting out a moan himself.

Cara quickened her pace even more so, her ass bouncing hard off of his legs now, every bit of her throbbing for him. Crying out she clamped hard around him just as he came, cock jumping, pulsing inside of her.

"Fuck- mmmm-" he moaned laying down again.

When Cara caught her breath, she very slowly slid herself off of him before she got knelt beside him. Reaching up to her face he pulled her down into a long kiss before sitting up with her. He moved a strand of wet hair out of her face, smiling at her. Cara placed her hand on his, leaning her head into his hand a little more.

"Stay with me tonight." She asked him softly.

"Of course."