Chapter 19: Yes Sir

Cara looked excitedly out the window of the quinjet as everything started to come into view. Steve brought the jet in over the city, making sure to take the scenic route to the SHIELD headquarters so Cara could enjoy as much of the view as possible. He had also chose to fly the jet alone with Cara. Not only would they get some alone time to themselves but he could do little things like this for her that a typical SHIELD pilot wouldn't.

He had cleverly used teaching her to copilot as their cover. Which he had given her a brief overview of controls, procedures, as well as when to do what, and what to do during certain events. He even let her take control for a bit somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean. But now, he flew the jet while he let Cara enjoy the view. After all, he had been here before, she had not, much to Steve's surprise actually.

After taking the scenic route, Steve circled the jet around, landing at the international SHIELD headquarters. Once the jet touched down they grabbed their bags before opening the rear door, exiting onto the landing pad on the roof. They were greeted by a few agents that had been awaiting their arrival, leading them into the building to a large conference style room where a familiar face was waiting for them.

Cara and Steve set their bags and gear down before shaking Agent Coulson's hand. She couldn't help but notice the way that he looked at Steve, like a kid meeting their idol. Cara hid her smile as best she could as Steve and Coulson exchanged pleasantries. That is, until Cara cleared her throat reminding both of them that they were here for a reason.

"Right, um, Captain if you and Agent Barton want to have a seat we can start briefing you on the situation." Coulson said.

Steve and Cara took a seat away from each other as Coulson handed them each a file before pulling the information up on the glass wall that was apparently a screen as well. All of the SHIELD/Stark tech never ceased to amaze her, no matter how long she had been around it by now. A man's picture came up in the glass and Coulson got started. As he spoke, the information and or, picture or video also came up on the glass.

"You both will be going undercover to tail this man, Georges Batroc. Former French Foreign Legion, DGSE, LAF, turned pirate." Coulson started.

"What makes a French pirate a SHIELD problem?" Cara asked.

"He's Algerian actually, and he's a SHIELD problem because he's been snooping around our intel. We think he plans to sell it or use it for other purposes. The problem is, the intent is unknown, he's been quiet lately, a little too quiet." Coulson said.

"So why not send in agents to tail him? Why request an Avengers team?" Steve asked.

"I'll be honest, I was surprised that Tony suggested you and Miss Barton. I was even more surprised when you agreed. But I'm glad you did. Every agent SHIELD has sent, they come back in a body bag." Coulson said.

Steve glanced over at Cara and she returned the glance, neither one of them having to say anything, they both were thinking the same thing. This was going to be dangerous, they would have to be very careful not to have their cover blown.

"We know he's in the city, we don't know where at the current moment. But we know he's meeting with someone in a few days at the Eiffel Tower." Coulson continued.

"In a few days? Why were we brought in so early?" Cara asked.

"To establish your cover. Once you leave here you'll be taken to your hotel. You are a young couple vacationing in France, congratulations. You'll be staying at the Four Seasons George V. It's close to the tower. You'll be expected to sell your cover. Visit the attractions, dine at bistros, take selfies."

"I'm sorry, take what?" Steve asked.

"Selfies." Cara answered.

He looked at her confused.

"It's when you take your phone and you take a picture of yourself." Cara explained further.

"You'll have earpieces to take with you to the tower. Any other information should be communicated through your phone. Do you have any questions?"

"No I think we can handle it. Agent Barton is a fine agent, I'm sure we will do just fine." Steve said looking over at her briefly before looking back to Coulson.

Cara beamed at Coulson, causing him to crack a smile as well.

"She sure is Captain. It's nice to see her on a higher profile mission like this one finally." Coulson said.

Cara nodded in agreement. She had worked with Coulson several times before when she was training with Clint. So he knew the frustration she had dealt with, as well as the work she had put in. Coulson returned the glass to normal and Cara and Steve stood up taking their files with them as they did.

"Oh, almost forgot,  we've secured you the luxury suite that has a second bedroom so you both can be more comfortable."

Cara grinned, trying not to laugh while Steve remained stone faced, indifferent.

"Perfect thank you." She replied cooly.

They then followed Coulson down the hall as agents grabbed their things, following behind. In the elevator he handed them a brief case explaining that the earpieces were inside as well as items to help them disguise themselves properly. When they reached the garage level, Coulson shook each of their hands  before saying goodbye. Their bags were loaded as they got into the hybrid vehicle that was waiting. Slightly confused they looked at each other questioningly.

"They know the SHIELD vehicles. So Coulson came up with the idea to look like an Uber." The driver, another agent, explained.

Once they arrived at the hotel they grabbed their bags from the trunk, including the briefcase, and checked in at the desk. Once they were given their room keys, they made their way up to the room together talking excitedly. When they opened the door to the suite, they started taking in all of the beautiful details. Setting their bags down, Cara did a quick scan of the room with her phone to make sure there weren't any extra eyes or ear listening in.

When nothing came up and she knew they were alone, she turned to Steve, a devilish grin on her face. Raising an eyebrow Steve walked over to her, pulling her into him, kissing her enthusiastically. When she pulled away smiling, Steve returned the smile, admiring her beauty.

"Volunteered huh?" Cara said biting her lip.

"Well when Tony brought it to me, I was a little surprised. How could I pass up the opportunity to spend a few days alone with you in such an incredible city?" Steve said raising an eyebrow.

"Well aren't you full of surprises."

"I can be. Now start taking your clothes off, and get in that bedroom." Steve said firmly.

"Yes sir." Cara said smirking.

Removing her jacket as she backed up toward the bedroom, Steve followed her, facing her, beginning to remove his own clothes as he did.