Chapter 18: How Soon Can You Get Packed?

A few weeks had gone by and Cara had adjusted to living in the tower better than she thought she would. Used to being alone, she never expected to love living with so many people. Cara had befriended all of the tower's inhabitants, but she was closer to some than others. Even she and Clint had been getting along better than they had in a long time.

Things with Steve couldn't be better either. They ran every morning, trained together during the day and whenever they got the chance, they snuck off together. Cara felt a real connection with Steve that she just couldn't explain. She knew Steve of course felt the same way. Not only had he mentioned it in the park but had brought it up again when Cara caught him smiling at her during a movie instead of watching the movie. Even though sneaking around, hiding everything, was fun, It was also aggravating sometimes.

At least they could be a little more relaxed around Nat and Bucky. After Cara had told Steve that Nat knew, Steve had confessed that Bucky knew everything as well. After the initial embarrassment of Bucky knowing EVERYTHING Cara came around. Bucky was Steve's best friend and she had been telling Nat everything as well, much to Steve's embarrassment. He was slowly getting over it, despite Nat's repeated attempts to bring it up.

Cara had found that their secret did have its advantages too. Lately her new favorite game to play with Steve was how worked up could she get him around other people. Then later on when they could sneak off together, all that pent up frustration came out ten fold in the sex. The first time it happened had been an accident and even though Steve had caught on quickly, it didn't stop her from having fun with it.

After their morning run, Cara was standing in the kitchen, playfully laughing with Steve about a movie they had watched last night. She had spent nearly half the movie explaining references he didn't understand, but she had enjoyed every minute of it. Not minding really at all since she had seen it several times before.

"I don't know how you're so patient with me. All this technology along with everything I missed out on, sometimes I really feel like I'm 96." Steve said handing her a water before getting his own.

"It helps that you're cute. I couldn't promise the same if you weren't." Cara teased.

"That's doubtful. You think ugly things are cute too." Steve responded.

"Name one thing that's ugly that I think is cute." Cara challenged.

"Well you think Steve is cute, and he's actually pretty ugly." Bucky said walking into the kitchen.

Cara hid her laugh as Steve scowled at Bucky. Bucky simply returned his scowl with a smirk as he opened the refrigerator, pulling out an orange juice container. As he poured himself a glass,  Steve tried to knock the container out of his metal hand. When the container started to fall Bucky instinctively grabbed it to prevent it from spilling everywhere but ended up crushing it with his metal hand.

"Oh you're a dick." Bucky said as orange juice spilled all over the counter and floor.

Steve patted Bucky on the shoulder as he and Cara headed out of the kitchen together, leaving Bucky staring at the mess sadly. They walked down the hallway now, talking about the training for later when they ran into Tony. He was holding one of his fancy Stark tablets shuffling viciously though it. When he glimpsed up and saw them he stopped in his tracks.

"Rogers, hey there's some stuff we need to go over if you've got a sec. This man bothering you Merida? I can have him removed if you need me to." Tony joked.

"Well then I'd be out of a job. Plus that borders on elder abuse don't you think?" Cara said jokingly.

"Alright, alright, I get it. I've got a few minutes to spare, why don't you fill me in." Steve said.

Cara turned and kept going down the hall. Whatever it was Steve could fill her in on it later, if it was anything at all. Right now she just really wanted a shower and curl up with her big fuzzy blanket to watch reruns of 'The Office' for a bit. Maybe even take a nap.

When Cara got back to her room she jumped in the shower, letting the hot water run over her for a good long while before she even started washing herself. When she got out she got dressed and towel dried her hair before heading back into her room. To her surprise she found Steve sitting on the end of her bed, waiting for her.

"I thought about joining you but with everyone up."

"Too risky, I know. Too bad though. Would have been a lot of fun." Cara said walking over and kissing him.

He looked up at her standing in front of him, his hands on her hips and she put her arms around his neck. Even in a pair of yoga pants and a hoodie he thought she looked absolutely beautiful. He pulled her towards him and she climbed onto his lap, kissing him again, this time pulling at his bottom lip a little with her teeth as she pulled away.

"So to what to I owe this little surprise?" She asked.

Steve swallowed hard despite the overwhelming urge to plant kisses all the way down her neck before taking her right here.

"Actually, it's about what Tony and I spoke about." He continued flatly.

Cara sat upright and sat back, a little nervous. What could they possibly have talked about that he would need to come here immediately to talk to her. Feeling her tense up he chuckled, rubbing up and down her hip/ side reassuringly with one hand while the other rested firmly in her other hip.

"Don't worry, nothing like that. We're still safe." Steve said.

Cara exhaled kissing him again quickly before she pulled back at him smiling.

"So then what did Tony want?"

Steve smirked at her again, raising an eyebrow.

"How soon can you get packed?"