Chapter 15: He Won't Find Out

After getting back to the tower they got off the elevator on separate floors. Steve got off on the living quarters floor and Cara continued up to the level the dining area was on. Not that she was still hungry, but she was really hoping she could find something to help the splitting headache she had before training that afternoon. Just as she had hoped, there was a tower staff member stocking supplies in the large kitchen in the internal part of the tower.

"Oh hi! Is there any chance we have some coconut water and some Advil or something?" Cara said cheerily.

"Coconut water is there, maybe you could stock it in the fridge over there." The man replied coldly.

Slightly taken aback she walked around the large prepping counter to a stack of crates that had various drinks in them. She shifted several crates of some tonic water before finding the coconut. Giving the guy a really weird look over her shoulder she ripped open the plastic and put them away in the industrial sized fridge, making sure to move the old ones to the front, grabbing one for herself. Twisting the cap open she discarded the pull tab and began to sip it slowly.

"So where can I find some Advil then?" Cara asked.

The man looked at her horrified but before he could respond to her Nat walked in smiling.

"Hey Jerry, have you met Cara yet? Cara is Clint's sister, we had her welcome party here last night."

Jerry now looked nervous as he looked back at Cara. She simple stood there smiling at him, giving a little friendly wave, he immediately turned around moving to a cupboard, rooting through it.

"Miss Barton I am so  sorry I didn't know who you were. Here are your Advil and if you need a glass for that coconut water just let me know."

Cara took the Advil, thankful to finally have them, and took them quickly.

"Thanks Jerry. No I'm fine thanks. But you should be nice to everyone here regardless of if they work here or live here."

"I will Miss Barton."

She motioned from her eyes to his with two of her fingers to let him know she would be watching. Nat shook her head leaving, Cara following close behind.

"Rough night huh? I didn't think you had that much to drink... Not to mention I didn't think hangovers made your legs weak..."

Cara blushed thinking about how the real rough part of the night had been with Steve, not so much the drinking. Even though she did have a splitting headache from mixing her alcohol, her body was sore all over, and it seemed Nat was on to her. Nat looked over at her, smirking her knowing smile. Cara couldn't help it, the words started rising in her throat like vomit until they all came spilling out.

"It's not like I planned it, it just happened! One minute I was standing at the bar, the next minute I was pulled into the hall by the bar and we were making out. I didn't think he would bring me back to his room, let alone sleep with me! And now I'm sore all over, in a good way, it was actually pretty amazing, but I mean hello super soldier, meet 5'3" assassin, of course I'm sore-"

"OMG HE SLEPT WITH YOU?!"

Cara jumped at her outburst, looking back at Nat,  she could feel the blush spread from her cheeks, it felt like her whole face was turning red. Frantically looking around she put her hand over Nat's mouth when she went to speak again, pushing her into a door behind her. Which turned out to be a storage closet full of boxes, labeled with various items like napkins or table cloths, etc. closing the door behind them, Cara them took her hand off of Nat's mouth who was still in shock.

"CARA HOLY SHIT-"

"NATASHA! You have to stop yelling!! I wasn't supposed to tell you or anyone! We're keeping everything secret! We don't want Fury pulling me off his training. So PLEASE for the sake of our friendship DON'T TELL ANYONE!"

"I figured you'd make out, he hasn't taken his eyes off you in days and he's had his hard ass routine on since then too but do you know what a big deal sleeping with you is?!"

"Yeah I know, he told me at breakfast that last night was his first time."

"Wait, you two had breakfast?"

"Yeah, it was actually really cute. He took me to this place in the park and we had breakfast on one of the benches and talked. Even when I stormed off because I thought he was telling me it was a mistake, he chased after me and kissed me, laid everything out, how he felt, his intentions, everything."

"Wow that actually sounds really good. Was it the little place that's in the middle of the park with the iron table sets?"

"Yeah! Great coffee too. And the- what the hell is this that's going on right now?"

"Honey this is real girl talk. Not talking about different take down techniques or the latest mission or targets we killed. Real girl talk, about men."

"It's weird!"

Nat laughed and Cara joined in a moment later. Nat reached out putting her hands on Cara's shoulders bringing her in for a hug. When they separated again Nat was still smiling.

"Hey your secret hot super soldier sex relationship is safe with me. I'm happy for both of you, you're good for each other."

"You think so?"

"Absolutely. Just don't let Clint find out. He will flip his damn lid."

That was priority number one for Cara about most of her personal life. And she damn sure wasn't going to let Clint find out about this. Nat was right, he would flip his lid if he found out about last night, let alone that it would be continuing. Thank goodness she wasn't still going on mission after mission with him anymore.

"He won't find out. I'll make sure of that."