Chapter 12: Shut Up and Kiss Me

Several drinks later, Cara was much more relaxed and having a better time. Having met what she was pretty sure were all of the Avengers, as well as some of the other people in attendance, now she could just have fun. Currently she was talking to Thor about his most recent mission as well as hers. She got along with Thor easily and the two seemed quick friends almost immediately. Even though Thor was keeping her entertained she hadn't lost track of Steve in the crowd.

Currently, Steve was talking to some old men who were dressed up, each one also wore veteran's hats. The group was talking passionately using their hands as they spoke as well, except for Steve. He stood arms crossed as the men all spoke, speaking himself occasionally. Curiosity got the best of Cara and she excused herself from Thor, making her way up to the seating area on the second level . The group was laughing together as she approached.

"Good evening gentlemen, this old coot isn't bothering you is he?"

Steve furrowed his brow at her as the old men howled with laughter, enjoying her comment.

"Gentlemen, this is-"

"We aren't deaf Captain Rogers, we heard Stark earlier."

"And we aren't blind yet either, what's such a beautiful woman doing hanging out with this lot?"

Cara laughed at their brashness. They were a hoot.

"Cara is actually my trainee. It was my idea to bring her into the tower." Steve said smiling.

"Well that was a smart move on your part Rogers."

"Seriously, brag a little more about spending time with the beautiful deadly woman, sheesh!"

Cara burst out laughing again, leaving her smiling when she stopped. Steve was now smiling, mostly at her.

"I like your friends Steve, they're funny."

One of the old men flagged down a waitress walking around grabbing a drink for Cara handing it to her. She accepted graciously as they talked over one another, getting control of the conversation finally.

"A toast, to you Agent Barton. Good luck with this old fart over here and the rest of the motley crew in this tower. Hopefully they don't drive you half as insane as they drive us."

"Cheers!" Cara said laughing clinking her glass against their drinks.

Steve only shook his head smiling before he took a sip with the rest of them. They continued talking about their war stories with Cara as Steve casually watched her, enjoying her happiness. His face definitely changed however when Thor approached the group, big goofy grin on his face, Steve's smile turned into a disappointed frown. Cara shot him a curious look before greeting Thor.

Thor pulled out a flask, refilling his own drink and handing Steve a glass. When the older men began to protest Thor argued with them explaining the potency of Asgardian liquor but in the end offered them each a drop. Minutes later they were either passed out, staggering or frozen still. As Steve and Thor helped the men out of the party to get a ride home from an agent, Cara found her way back through the crowd down to the main level where she was quickly pulled into a group of people dancing.

"Holy- oh, Wanda!" Cara said excitedly.

"Come! Dance with me! You have been talking long enough!"

"But I don't d-"

"You do tonight!"

Wanda grabbed hold of her hands and began shaking her around until Cara laughed, joining in willingly. She and Wanda danced around laughing, talking and having fun for what seemed like ages. Finally, when Cara got thirsty she slipped away from Wanda, promising she would be right back. She made her way to an open spot at the main bar, around the far end by the windows and wall. She looked around waiting for a server to see her. Across the room she noticed Clint standing on an end table pretending to play an invisible guitar. Cara laughed out loud at him, realizing he was drunk, when suddenly she was pulled through the door to her right.

The hall behind the door was barely lit and it took her a moment to get her bearings as the door shut quickly behind her. She looked around from the door to the empty hall she had never been in, then she looked up to the figure standing in front of her. As he stepped toward her, the light caught his face, which was plastered with want, for her.

"Steve?"

Cara barely got his name out of her mouth before Steve's hands were wrapped around her, pulling her into him. His lips crashed into hers and Cara let out a soft moan as her body ignited with warmth. She pressed into his kiss, her hands finding their way to his chest. His muscles were firm beneath her hands, exciting her. Suddenly, Steve pulled back away from her, leaving Cara confused and frustrated. Steve exhaled, breathing heavy a couple times, staring at her in thought before he groaned grabbing her hand and turning down the hall.

"Not here."

They moved quickly down the hall and into the stairwell. A few floors down they walked out onto the living quarter's floor. Steve was walking but Cara was practically jogging, trying to keep up with him, he still had a firm grasp on her hand. They made their way to his room, quickly stepping inside. Steve locked the door behind them before he pressed her up against the door kissing her again.

Cara welcomed his lips and his tongue, kissing him back eagerly. He brought one of his hands up into her hair, intertwining his fingers through her thick brown curls. Steve pulled gently causing her head to move away from his. Cara let out a soft moan as Steve started kissing her neck down toward her collarbone, groaning softly himself. Suddenly Steve pulled away from her again looking at her shocked as Cara stared at him frustrated again for the interruption.

"What?! What now Steve??"

"I didn't even ask you if you wanted to come back to my room, I just dragged you here."

"If I didn't want to be here, I would have kneed you in the groin in the hallway instead of kissing you back."

Steve hung his head embarrassed, "yeah I didn't think that one through."

"Steve, shut up and kiss me."

Raising his head again, he grabbed her, pulling her into him, kissing her again. This time, they stumbled across the room toward his bed, leaving a trail of shoes and clothes behind them.