4x09

Tory and Robby were both excited for their next Cobra Kai lesson now that they didn't have to hide from each other but they were also dreading the questions they would face from the team, mainly Kyler and Piper.

They both arrived early to help Senseis Kreese and Silver set up and find out what warm ups they'd be leading.

While Tory was dragging some of the extra practice mats around so that people could train in the back room she paused to yawn.

"Yawning on duty?" Robby caught her as he finished what he was doing in the main dojo and came to see if she needed any help.
"Yeah, well, someone kept me from my beauty sleep." Tory retorted matching his smirk.
"You looked like you got plenty." Robby smiled genuinely as he picked the other side of the mat up.
"Whatever." Tory rolled her eyes still thinking that him watching her sleep was creepy (at least that's what she told herself to stop her from swooning).

"Keene! Nichols! You ready?" Sensei Silver shouted ending the moment. In the few seconds it took for him to walk into the back room from the office Tory and Robby schooled their faces of any emotions.
"Yes, Sensei." They both replied automatically hearing the bell ring with students arriving.

Silver watched them lead warm ups noticing a few differences. His top two students seemed lighter, happier, were less on guard with each other and they agreed on more things.

Soon enough, Kreese was ready and the two Senseis took over wanting to make sure their best chances at winning the tournament received as much tutelage as their peers.

The Senseis gave the students a drill to run over and over again as they walked the neat lines and rows of students checking their form was on point.

The Senseis split the now very large class into two: one group with Silver and the new training equipment in the back and the other with Sensei Kreese working on their practical fighting skills before switching.

Robby and Tory asked Sensei Kreese if they could stay later to train and he agreed handing Robby his old set of keys back.

"Keene and Nichols? You're not worried about them spending too much time together?" Silver asked him as he drove out of the parking lot.
"No. They know what needs to be done to win. But hey, maybe you shouldn't have sent them to prom if you were that worried?"
"Let's just hope it messed more with their opponents than it did them." Silver said tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

Tory and Robby genuinely did just want to train together, they never felt as challenged when the Senseis made them pair up with other Cobra Kai fighters.

It was a pretty even match although they fell into some old habits - they were just so familiar with each other's fighting style now. Only this time, when Tory tackled Robby and pinned him to the ground he was a lot happier than when she had first done it all those months ago. He had barely recovered from being knocked down and was already smiling up at her with one of the brightest smiles he had ever made in his life.

"I win." Tory panted still coming down from the adrenaline of the fight.
"You sure about that, because from where I'm sitting, this is not a bad place to be in." Robby flirted. Tory shook her head trying not to smile. "No, not here. Though, I love the way you think."
"Get your mind out of the gutter, woman. I was simply referring to a move I can use to get out from under my opponent if they take me down to the mat."
"Really? What's that?" Tory challenged knowing that was so not what Robby had been referring to but before she knew it he had actually managed to flip their positions and was now smirking down at her. "Yeah, I definitely win now." Robby grinned "Feel free to concede anytime now."
"Never." She pressed. Robby moved closer to Tory's face, his mouth hovering over hers and Tory could feel his warm breath tickle her lips "You sure about that?" he asked before kissing her. Tory kissed him back automatically before pulling away gasping "Shit! The cameras Silver installed." Robby groaned in annoyance at the paranoid sensei but nodded conceding, and stood up offering Tory a hand.