3-Ingredient Banana Bread

Ingredients3-4 very ripe bananas1 box (15.25 ounces) yellow cake mix2 large eggs

You can add some mix-ins to make each batch of banana bread special. It won't be "3-ingredient" banana bread, but it will be tasty! Add a teaspoon or two of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for flavor. For texture, toss in a handful of toasted nuts, chocolate chips or even dried fruit.

DirectionsStep 1: Mash the bananas

The key to flavorful banana bread is using very ripe bananas. As the skin darkens, the banana flavor becomes more pronounced. You'll need 1-1/2 cups of mashed bananas for this recipe, so I used about 3 ripe bananas.

Step 2: Mix with cake mix and eggs

In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas with the cake mix and two eggs. Mix well until the ingredients are combined.

Step 3: Bake and enjoy

Transfer the batter to a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.

Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto the rack to cool completely before slicing.

How to Store and How to Serve

This 3-ingredient banana bread can be kept wrapped on the countertop at room temperature for up to 3 days. It can also be wrapped and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Serve with a pat of butter, a slather of peanut butter or even Nutella. Leftovers of this banana bread also make great French toast!