As One Comes, Another Goes

Immediately after my fist made contact with his face, arms were grabbing me a pulling me backwards before I could cause any further damage. I pulled against the restraining grip of my pack mates but no matter my strength I couldn't beat three of them. "Wren stop!" Seth yelled as he helped hold me back along with Embry and Brady. 

"Let go of me Seth before I hurt you." I growled as I lashed out again but didn't move very far. Jacob regained his balance and held his jaw while muttering something about that being the second time in weeks or something. I could feel myself getting angrier by the second, how dare he come back now and just act like everything's fine? Doesn't he know how much pain he's put me through? Put his brothers through? 

"Wren please-" Seth said as he held me tighter and I felt Embry and Brady's grip tighten too as I started to shake. I can't do this here, someone will see. As much as I told myself we would all be in danger if I shifted now, I couldn't calm myself down. I just couldn't believe it, after months of just being gone Jake had come back and acted like everything was ok? 

A sudden wave of calm washed over me suddenly, making my shaking end as I slumped back into Seth's arms. "Get out of here Cullen we don't need your help!" Paul yelled, looking up at Jasper who was sitting in a tree just above the pack. 

"Well seeing as three of you mutts are holding back a single girl who is about to shift out of anger, I think you do." Jasper smirked as Alice's light laugh came from somewhere near him. Paul started to growl, he always had the shortest temper with the leeches, and Sam clamped a hand on his shoulder before ordering him to go back to the reservation.

"Jasper! Alice! Come on Edward and Bella are leaving and you Edward says to come back." Rosalie's voice came from somewhere in the darkness and the two zipped away as they flew across the tree branches. The calm feeling immediately went away when Jasper was out of sight and I started to shake again when Jacobs eyes met mine. 

"Wren just listen to me please." He begged as he took a step towards me, only to stop when I took a step back, bumping into Embry. A flash of hurt went across his face but he continued. "Im so, so, sorry I left. I didn't know what else to do and I just acted without thinking. I should've waited until you got there or at least left a note or called. I was in so much pain the entire time I was away, I just couldn't come back, I didn't want to face you and see how much pain I had caused you. I was a selfish jerk and I know I don't deserve you or your forgiveness. Trust me these guys have already put me through hell with their lectures. I swear I never meant to hurt you and I wasn't thinking." 

The packs eyes flickered between the two of us, making sure I wouldn't snap. "Your right." I muttered as I looked up from the ground and met his dark brown eyes. "Your right, you did act without thinking and you were being a selfish jerk. I know you didn't do this because you love Bella but that also doesn't make me stop thinking about how maybe I wasn't enough. I was in pain Jake, I didn't eat, didn't sleep, was on the verge of death but I only stopped myself because I knew it was hurting you too and I couldn't let myself do that to you." I felt hot, angry tears streaming down my face but I didn't care.

"You know what it feels like when the person you love most in the world, the person that promised they would never leave you again after you had lost everything, just disappears? It makes you feel like you aren't good enough, like you aren't worth anything. I tried to kill myself Jacob, and if it weren't for Embry I wouldn't be standing here yelling at you right now but lucky for me, my family has my back." 

"Wren Im sorry." 

"I don't want you apology." I cut him off as I wiped my eyes. 

"I promise I'm here to stay this time alright? I promise I'll be everything you need. I love you don't you get that? I came back because I love you so much that it was killing me to be away from you for so long. That's the truth, I promise." I let out a emotionless laugh and turned away, walking the way Paul went.