Leech

Later that night the Pack all splits up to go home and sleep but not before Sam put Paul and Jacob out on watch for the night

Later that night the Pack all splits up to go home and sleep but not before Sam put Paul and Jacob out on watch for the night. I asked why we needed watch but Sam just said it was just in case but I didn't believe him. Before Jacob left for watch he came over and gave me a hug which I returned without hesitation.

"What's really going on?" I whisper so only he can hear.

"What do you mean?" He looks down at me but I dont meet his eyes.

"I lived in that forest for almost a year Jake. You guys didn't do nightly watches, I would've picked up on your scent somewhere." He sighed but just kissed my head before releasing me from the hug. 

"It's nothing for you to worry about ok? Sams just being extra cautious recently." I still didn't believe him but I was starting to get tired and let out a yawn and he chuckled softly. "Go to bed Wren. I'll see you tomorrow" 

"Promise?"

"I promise" I smiled at him and kissed his cheek before going inside Sam and Emily's house and into my room to sleep. 

🐺🌕🐺

I tossed and turned for hours before sitting up to check the alarm clock sitting next to my bed. It read 3 am and I let out a exasperated sigh. I laid down to attempt to sleep again but quickly sat up when I heard a howl through the night. I could tell this wasn't any old wolf and that it was one of my pack. I quickly jerked up in bed but before I could throw the covers off myself I heard footsteps coming towards my room and I quickly laid back down pretending I was sleeping.

I heard my door creek open a bit and opened my eyes to tiny slits to see Sam checking on me. No doubt making sure I was asleep. He was about to shut the door when Emily walked over and whispered to him. "Sam what are you doing still here? Go help them."

"I was just making sure she was still asleep and hadn't heard Jacob. I don't want her being dragged into all of this to early. Especially with that red headed leech running around." Sam whispered back to Emily before shutting the door.

As soon as I heard the front door shut to the house I was out of bed and climbing out the window. 'What's wrong with Jacob' 'Who was he talking about?' 'And what leech?' These thoughts were running through my mind as I made it a safe distance from the house to shift.

I had no idea what he meant but I knew I had to help. I made sure to mute my thoughts so nobody would know I was there. As soon as I phased I heard the pack talking to each other as the others met up with Paul and Jacob. I could practically HEAR Jacob looking for me. "Where is she? Where's  Wren" Sam mentally sighed before answering the panicking imprint.

"Calm down Jake. I left her asleep at my house. She's fine." I could feel Jacob calm down and then I got a mental image of the river that I had jumped over to loose Sam the first day I met him. That must be where they are going. I bolted in that direction trying to keep my mind blank.