Black and White

December 3rd
Veronica's POV

"So are you and Betty going to the dance together?" Cheryl asked me.

"Yeah, she asked a few weeks ago and I said yes." I said with a smile on my face.

"Hm," she hummed. I looked at her.

"What?"

"Huh?" She asked looking at me.

"You said 'hm' that's not a proper response. Why did you sound like that?" I asked. She sighed and sat on my bed pulling me next to her.

"It's nothing. I'm just getting a bad feeling about all of this."

"What are you talking about? Do you know something?" I asked.

"No. No, I don't know anything I just feel like she's gonna hurt you."

"You said that when we first got together. I've known her longer than you. And I trust her. She wouldn't hurt me at all. I know she wouldn't." I said.

"Okay, I'll believe your trust,"

"Thank you,"

December 4th

I started getting ready for the dance with Cheryl at around three. The dance doesn't start until eight but we're really slow sometimes so this was the best way to do this. 

At around seven we all met up at Toni's house. We hung out for about half an hour before leaving to go to the dance. We got there one time and got through the line quickly. Most people followed the theme of it being black and white.

The whole night I watched her dance with Toni. It didn't really bother me much I guess because when she wasn't doing that she was holding my hand or had her arm wrapped around me. We also spent most of the night talking to people we knew. Or avoided people we didn't want to talk to.

Other than all of that it was fun to hang out as a group and nobody was left out relationship-wise.

After the dance, we all went and got Icees/Slushies. We mixed all the flavors together and then went back to Toni's house. Cheryl ended up putting an energy drink in all of our drinks. Now it's understandable why we stayed up until three in the morning.

The night was fun. We messed around, did a lot of stupid shit, and did our best not to be loud so we wouldn't wake up the rest of the house.

By the end of the night, we all were laying in the same bed either asleep or half asleep. It was a fun and exhausting night. Mainly fun. I'm pretty sure I almost died though.