The Start

October 24th, At Pop's Diner
Veronica's POV

"Come on, you have to ask her out," Jughead was complaining to me.

"But why would I do that?" I asked.

"Because you like her and she likes you,"

"How do you know she actually likes me?"

"Because she talks about you all the time. She says how much she likes you, how beautiful you are, and how much she wants to be with you."

"If she wants to be with me so bad why doesn't she just ask me out herself?"

"Because you know how she is," I sighed. "Come on! Just do it. Get it done and over with."

"Okay, but what do I say?"

"Just go up to her and say 'will you to out with me' and she'll say yes,"

"You're way too confident that she'll say yes,"

"Because I know she will, Veronica. Now just go," she said and pushed me away and towards Betty.

God, I hate all of this. I know I've liked her for years but I never thought I would ever actually be able to ask her out. I mean, she is so damn beautiful and I'm just me. Why would she even like me anyway?

"Get your ass over there already!" He said. I rolled my eyes and walked over to her.

I felt my entire body start shaking and a wave of nervousness came over me as I approached her. She looked at me and smiled and I got both calm and more nervous.

"Hey V," she said. I smiled a little.

"Um, Betty, I have something I need to ask you," I said. She put her phone down and looked at me.

"What's up?" She asked and I sat across from her.

"Um, I was wondering if you... will you go out with me?" I said really fast that was probably hard to understand. I was so nervous I thought I could cry. I tried to calm myself as I waited. She looked at me and smiled.

"Yes, I will." I let out a small sigh of relief as she said that. I nodded and smiled.

"Okay," Is all I said before her phone buzzed.

"Oh, my mom is wanting me to come home. I'll text you when I get home." I nodded and she left. Just then Jughead came and sat across from me smiling.

"So, what did she say?"

"You know what she said,"

"Yeah, and? Tell me what she said."

"She said yes,"

"I told you she would,"

"Oh, shut up!"

"Now stop being nervous and go home. We have school in the morning." He said and we both left.

I smiled the whole way home. I just couldn't seem to stop and I didn't really want to. No matter how much it hurt. I got home and I walked past my parents.

"Where have you been?" My mom asked.

"I was with friends," I said.

"Why are you smiling so much?" She asked. I looked down and started to hide my smile. "What is it?"

"It's nothing. I'm just really happy." I said. "I'm going to go to bed now. Goodnight." I said and went to my room.

I started getting ready for bed and as I was doing that my phone buzzed. I looked at it and saw Betty's name on the screen. I smiled and looked at it.

Betty

B: Heyyy

V: Hey

B: What are you doing?

V: Getting ready for bed

I finished getting around and laid in bed. We texted back and forth the entire night. We texted till about one in the morning when she finally said she was going to sleep. I still can't believe that one person that I've ever actually had feelings for had feelings for me too. I've never felt happier than this.