2// the copy ninja

(I don't own this fanart)

you headed to the gates only to see your white white haired partner waiting for you. With a look of annoyance on his face he began walking. You began to follow along and walk behind him till he broke the silence.

"You're late, we won't make it to the sand village on time because of you." He said in his cold monotone voice.

"Jeez it's not a big deal this mission has given us four days and we'll most likely only need two, besides I was only and hour late kakashi"

He just let out a sigh and continued walking . You both walked for hours and it was getting late. "We should see up camp here" he said quite tired. "Sure." You started a fire and began to cook while the too of you sat in silence, when you were done you handed him a bowl and he turned around eating it so fast so you couldn't see him. You couldn't blame him though you also wore a mask and had done the same. You didn't say why and preferred not to, in doing so you also respected his privacy. When he was done he began to drift to sleep. You couldn't as usual. You were wondering why you could yesterday when Gai was there but you couldn't really make it out. Since you couldn't go to sleep you went to a nearby stream. You put both your legs in and began harnessing your chakra to your hands. If you couldn't sleep, you might as well train. The water around you began to float and you formed a sword out of water, grabbing it you froze what you touched the rest still being water. You made a few shadow clones and began to fight them. You
pulled the sword and began to freeze it slicing your clone in half, the other one pulled around trying to attack you from the back, you shoved a spear of ice through it by transforming your sword. You were about to fight the next clone when you sensed a presence of chakra. Throwing a kunai to startle your little stalker he jumped out of the tree.

"C'mon really?"

"Hey kakashi, what the hell are you doing up and why are you here?"

"I woke up and you weren't there, I looked to find you here, and I was about to ask you the same thing why are you here we need to leave in the morning."

"O-oh I uh.." you tried to think up an excuse you didn't need someone on you about why you couldn't sleep. "Look I don't care, just get back to camp and go to bed I'm going to leave you behind if you're too slow tomorrow because of this." God, you hated how he acted a lot. It was quite annoying but you didn't let him get to you and just headed back to the camp. You started at the stars for the night and watched and the night sky changed to a bright blue. Kakashi began to walk behind you as you had left a while before hopping from tree to tree. You eventually made it to the sand village where you obtained the scrolls you needed.
You both headed back not saying a word the whole time when you walked through the gates you saw itachi, he began to walk towards you he handed you a scroll and simply walked away. Kakashi acted as nothing had happened then followed you to the hokages office. You handed him the scroll from the sand village and he excused the both of you. You both left not exchanging a word, deciding you were more hungry than tired you headed to ichakaru and got miso soup. Knowing you wouldn't be able to fall asleep you began to head to your stream when you felt something grab you.

"Yu-"

too late. You punched him.

"Owwww"

"OH GAI IM SORRY"

you lent him a hand up.

"Are you okay"

"Of course! I'm glad you're back, have you seen my rival I want to challenge him to a duel!"

You let out a soft chuckle about your friends antics, "yes he went that way"

"Thanks yuki!" He hollered while running off to go find kakashi.

You went on to your stream and began training. Heading out at nightfall and drying yourself off in your house. Till you heard a knock at your door.

"Oh uh, hey Gai"

"Hey Yuki, I uh.. I never got to thank you for the curry the other day and I'm sorry for falling asleep I-"

you let out a small chuckle. "Gai there is no need to thank me I enjoyed your company and its no big deal stay here whenever you'd like"

"Oh uh really??.. thanks Yuki, I should go-"

"Okay see ya Gai"

"Yeah!.. training tomorrow?"

"Wouldn't miss it"

He ran off.

Tonight was a good night.

(A/N I made this chapter short on purpose, I'll probably post tomorrow it being the weekend and all but I'll be busy on the week due to school and working and all)