45. the one where there weren't too many 'inchidents'

"I'm not too sure if I can do this" I said to Mick as we walked towards the track a head of us. I had texted him last night asking if he would want to come and he had said yes to my relief. Leading to this moment. We had arrived at the same time to the parking lot of the karting-track we were supposed to race in few moments. And I was basically shaking from both excitement and just because I was honestly terrified.

"Yeah you can" he said smiling. "Just try to remember all the good times" he said putting his hand over my shoulder. Getting closer to the track he got a nasty look from Lando who was busy judging the hand which was placed over my shoulders. Mick seemed to notice that cause he stepped a little further away from me which made me laugh. Such a people pleaser.

"Hey" I said as we got to the angry guy who pulled me into a tight hug as soon as I was close enough.

"Hello" he said smiling once I was by his side instead of Mick's who smiled to us. I knew he knew what was going on straight away.

"Hey man" Mick nodded to Lando who was now totally fine with him being here. The guys chatted for a while before the rest of the drivers showed up. There was fist bumps and all that stuff as the drivers caught up. I just stood aside leaning to the wall thinking about the day ahead of me.

"You ready?" Mick had showed up next to me with a smile on his face. I could tell he was excited.

"I guess" I sighed but smiled anyway. This was going to be good for me to get over my fears and who knows maybe I would even enjoy it.

.

My heart was beating like crazy closer we got to the moment I was supposed to hop on a kart. I was was walking in circles with my driving suit hanging around my waist and my hands nervously playing with the heart on my necklace.

"Is this a bad time tell you how good you look in that?" my eyes shot up to Lando who was leaning on the wall watching me losing my mind.

"A bit yeah" I told him but I could still feel the compliment heating up my cheeks.

"Are you okay?" he asked and I let out a nervous laugh.

"Just a little nervous about this whole thing" I said still not being able to stand still. Lando walked to me and stopped me by placing his hands on my arms and pulling me into a hug.

"I really don't know why you're so nervous about this, I'm sure you'll do great" he said to my ear before pulling away little before kissing me softly.

"Oh fuck sorry" a voice said behind us and I pulled away from Lando. Mick was standing behind us with his pressing his eyes closed and I let out a small laugh.

"You can open your eyes" I told the guy and a knowing grin appeared to his lips making made bit mine. "Please stop that" Lando whispered next to me looking me and I let my lip lose right away.

"So I'll see you on track" Lando made a quick exit nodding to Mick who was trying hard not to smile too widely. 

"I knew it" Mick laughed and I hit him on the arm. "And just like that little Sofia's dreams come true" he smirked all knowingly.

"Oh shut up" I nudged him again. I knew exactly what he was talking about. When we had been a lot younger, he would always bully me having crush on Lando, who had no idea who I was.

"No but really, I'm happy for you" he smiled warmly and a big smile appeared on my face.

"It's not really official or anything yet, but I really like him" I said blushing.

"Yeah, I can tell" he nodded. "Remember that I can read you like an open book" he pointed out and I laughed.

"Yeah, unfortunately yeah" I laughed shaking my head.