28. the one with chicken on fire

The plane landed in England next evening and I walked towards the luggage claim. We had left super early today and even though the flight was short and the time difference wasn't a lot I was done. We had been working whole day intensely still getting the last things from the weekend done and I had had a conversation about my situation, where I had convinced everyone that I was able and good to work despite everything.

We had flown to London where we would stay the next week before moving closer to Silverstone. We would be able to work at our London facility as we stayed here but at least for me there was not much work to do before next week so I had very short days and a lot of spare time.

I knew UK quite well as I spent a lot of time here years back when my brother had been playing football here. He had injured pretty bad so my family had moved back to Finland where he could go through his rehabilitation. I had never actually lived here as I had had some things going on for myself too and after that I went straight to University, but I visited them quite a bit and the city had become our yearly destination for vacations.

I was sharing room with Cami once again. We had gotten our keys and a rental car for the next two weeks and decided to go get something to eat before sleeping. So right after we had dropped our stuff to our room we were on our way to nightly streets of London.

My phone began to rang as we walked down the street.

"Who is it?" Cami asked seeing me staring at the screen wondering if I should pick up or call back later.

"Lando" I told her and a small smile played on her lips.

"Go on take it, I can wait" she grinned at me. I had explained her more than enough times that we were just friends and nothing more but it seemed not to make its way to her thick skull.

"You sure?" I confirmed and she nodded. "Hey" I picked up the phone on my ear.

"Why didn't you tell that she pushed you?" I could hear Lando asking serious and the smile on my face dropped.

"I uhm.. It wasn't that important" I tried to come up with something.

"Not important?"

"I just didn't wanna make her look bad, okay?" I said more firmly and by that I meant that I didn't want to put Lando in that position again where he had to take sides.

"I think she did it herself" Lando sighed on the phone. "Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I didn't want to come between you two" I said and let out a breath. "I mean she seems very passionate about you" I tried to avoid using wrong words or the words I wanted to use like possessive and unbelievable jealous.

"You're too nice, you know?" I could hear Lando becoming little more relaxed.

"Not everyone is thinking like that, clearly" I let out a nervous laugh.

"I'm gonna talk to her" he said again being more serious.

"It's okay really" I said. "All the damage is done already, you don't have to harm your relationship too" I told him. I wasn't going to stand the way of young love or whatever that was even though I wasn't a fan of her, but Lando deserved to be happy and if she made her happy then so be it. Thinking that I could feel a little pinch in my stomach but ignored it.

"There ain't much to ruin" Lando stated. "I've talked her few times but it's never been even about anything personal or even close" he sounded little surprised by my statement.

"Wait, you're telling me that my wrist is broken and you don't really even know the girl?" I stopped on my tracks. "Please tell me you're kidding" I pleaded.