43. the one with the 'S'

"Ready to go?" Nick asked leaning on the door frame as I packed the last of my stuff. The race had been cancelled due to rain and points had been basically given based on yesterday's performances leaving George Russell and Williams on podium.

"Yeah" I said slowly checking my desk for the last time before walking out after him.

We would be driving to Zandvoort still today so we tried to be fast with our packing to be able to be there in decent time. It would be plus three hours if we didn't stop so probably closer to four. I didn't mind though, I liked to travel and especially now that I would get to drive with, actually I didn't know who I was going to share a car with yet since the whole team was trying to be able to leave already today.

Arriving to hotel I could already see first groups taking off. People were leaving as the cars got filled and I rushed to my room to get rest of my stuff. I had gladly packed already before leaving to track this morning which made it lot faster to me to exit the room. Cami had had to stay behind as she had picked the shorter stick when deciding which one of the two would stay and update the websites and all that.

"Sof" I heard a voice shouting as I stepped out of the elevator. Seemed like we weren't the only ones leaving today as the lobby had filled with people from the different teams. I tried to see who was calling me over all the people but ended up just spinning in circles. "Here" I heard the same voice again and this time I saw grinning Carlos who was standing with Charles and Lando, all of them waving their hands like maniacs.

"You can stop now I saw you" I shouted back making my way to the guys.

"You're riding with us" Carlos stated as I got closer to the guys.

"Do I have a say in this?" I joked looking the three guys standing in front of me.

"No" Charles said shaking his head.

"Okay, don't we need one more to go?" I asked as the recommendation had been to take four people per car so everyone would get a ride.

"Not really no, there is already four of us" Carlos looked at me like I was dumb and I realized he was talking about Lando.

"Oh I didn't realize Lando was coming with us" I explained myself to the three guys standing in front of me.

"Yeah, one of our engineers went with them so we got stuck with him in exchange" Carlos enlightened me.

"Thanks mate," Lando opened his mouth for the first time since I had arrived. I knew we had decided to keep 'us' to ourselves, but it felt weird standing there acting like there wasn't something between us.

I was automatically showed to backseat, but rest of the guys had a pretty heated conversation about who would have to sit in the back with me.

"Jeez guys, I'm not that bad company" I shouted from the car as they still weren't able to decide who was the lucky guy that got the seat next to me.

"No one asked your opinion" Carlos shouted back and I sighed.

"What if I drive and all three of you sit in the back?" I suggested.

"No" all three answered in unison making me laugh by myself.

Ten minutes later the seating chart had finally been decided as Lando had offered to sit in the back with me. Wonder why. More curious I was how it had taken so long from him to agree sit in backseat next to me.

"I'm really sorry you're the one stuck here with me" I told him my condolences.

"Yeah, I'm pretty devastated" he grinned. "Not really sure I want to spend anymore time with you then I already have to" he added his smile growing making me smile.