Diluc Headcanons

Requested by EclairsPartner

Additional TW: Stalking, mention of murder, kidnapping

I hope that this is what you wished for!

○ The probability is high that you knew each other for a long time before any kind of intense feelings arise inside Diluc

○ The probability is high that you knew each other for a long time before any kind of intense feelings arise inside Diluc. A simple platonic relationship where both parties hang out occasionally and trust each other to a certain degree, but nothing more.

○ At some point Diluc notices that the bits of conversations leave him with some sort of sour aftertaste. He first believes that this is a result out of him growing a dislike for you.

○ Distancing himself from you shows him after a short while that this approach is not the solution to his problem. So, in his second attempt he tries to socialize a bit more with you. He visits you more often, talks more and touches on deeper topics.

○ Even if he is successfully improving your relationship, he will find himself still not being satisfied. Doing some extra investigation, he fills out most of the blanks there were concerning you as a person.

○ From that point on, Diluc isn't able to notice that he, perhaps, is overstepping his boundaries. And without any sense of guilt or regret, things spiral down to shady extremes pretty quickly. Stalking - or as what he considers it, securing your well-being becomes more and more common. He doesn't invade your privacy but most of his free time he stays close enough to make sure that nobody crosses that line and poses a threat to you. He is basically the guard dog you never asked for.

○ The key problem is the definition of what a threat is. Is it just the maniac who tries to stab you with a knife or could an innocent-looking person scheme something too? The result, to the very least, is that your life suddenly becomes strangely quiet. Work-wise there is barely a difference but in terms of your private life you haven't seen anyone besides Diluc at your door front for quite some time now.

○ In addition to the extra security he also benefits from the fact that you now have more time for him. The aching inside his heart is way more tolerable when you are with him, alone.

○ Do you find your new life situation strange? Maybe, but it is not like you have any prove that your life is being manipulated by somebody else.

○ Diluc's secrecy only lasts until a serious situation happens. If something endangers you so much that it requires immediate intervention, the winery owner will step out of the shadows to save you and vanish after that just as quickly. If you try to ask him about it, he avoids any clear answer and changes the subject.

○ Would he go as far as killing somebody for you? Not his preferred way of proceeding but he won't hesitate if it is needed in his eyes. Don't worry about seeing those murders though - he spares you the view and knowledge. In his eyes you don't need to see the cruelty of the world.

○ When you mention that you like or want a specific item, he gifts you it sooner or later - money isn't a problem for him after all. A reasoning for that remains a mystery to you as normal friends usually don't buy that many gifts and Diluc himself doesnt admit any deeper feelings.

○ The longer he stalks you the more obsessively protective he gets. What if something happens? What if you get hurt or disappear altogether? Thoughts like those plague him more and more frequently. He tries to spend more time with you to ease his worries - without any notable results.

○ You don't sympathize with the thought of moving into his mansion as you really can't see any reason to, so the thought of kidnapping you rises within him. He knows that you wouldn't be happy about it but that is just the part that doesn't know what's better for you speaking.

○ One moment you are having a nice dinner with your friend Diluc, the next you wake up in lavish bedroom, decorated in your favorite colors. Diluc explains it as gently as he can to you that this for your best and that he will take good care of you.

○ He fulfills every wish you have as long as it hasn't anything to do with other people or the outside world. He doesn't mind spoiling you when it makes you happier and more cooperative but when your wish has the potential to harm you, he firmly forbids its fulfillment.

○ He is certainly more affectionate with the captive-you in comparison to the you that was still free and oblivious to his overprotectiveness. That life in luxury and 'love' only adds to the feeling of a golden cage that you're in.

○ In Diluc's eyes this is how it is meant to be and if you decide to attempt an escape, he won't hesitate to pull you back into his safe heaven by all means. Even if you hate him for that he thinks that you will eventually come to reason and accept his affection.

○ The day you die, however that happened, he would be completely devastated and even more brokenhearted than the time after his father died.

"Please don't cry, there is no reason to. Nobody in here will harm you ever again, not physically nor emotionally. If it helps you to calm down you can cuddle up against me until you feel better. There there..."

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!