𝟏𝟗. THE COOKIES

053.
THE COOKIES.

N O T I C E: This book includes detailed themes surrounding sex, adultery, violence, suicide, abuse, sexual harassment, alcohol, drugs, blood, death, anxiety, ptsd and other very sensitive topics — are all graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.
Viewer discretion advised.
(nothing new, you know the drill)

.
.

Y/N COULD HAVE SWORN that she felt her heart drop to the pit of her stomach, her hand clenched around her phone while the other balled into a fist

"I'll be right there." She breathed, ending the call.

She pulled the phone away from her ear slowly, as if processing the call. Her son was in trouble. He was at the hospital waiting for her. He needs her.

Without another thought, Y/N tossed her phone on the bed beside Finn, rushing back into the bathroom to fumble the shower curtain open and turn off the water.

"Y/N?" Finn called, "What's-What's going on?"

"Y/N." He followed her into the bathroom, trying to get a good read on her face but she was moving too quickly for him.

He could see how concentrated she was, trying to tune out anything going on around her. She only had Flynn on her mind.

She kept zipping around him, now moving to search the bag she brought for clothes to change into that weren't Finn's.

She looked completely zoned in on anything but Finn, her focus elsewhere. And he couldn't help but be worried.

She tried to brush past him in search of her shoes, to which Finn grabbed her gently by her shoulders to stop her.

She looked up at him with worry and paranoia swirling in her eyes. Her darkest fears began to creep up on her, pain practically screaming from the depths of her soul.

Her darkest fear was something terrible happening, not to her, but to her son.

And Finn could tell something was really wrong.

"Hey..." He whispered, his eyebrows etched with concern. "What's wrong, baby?"

She took a breath, licking her lips as she shook her head.