𝟏𝟎. THE WITNESS

A/N: i'm backkkkkk
buckle up, because while i was away, i did some major plotting, so be ready for the ride :)

missed you all sm <33

also, this one is kinda heavy, so...

044.
THE WITNESS I NEVER WANTED.

Trigger Warning.
there's going to be domestic abuse in this one.
if you look at the notice i put in every chapter, from now on, look for any of the mature topics listed in bold and italic. that will tell you if there sensitive topics in that chapter.

it's not too bad in this chapter, but it's not like any type of abuse is 'not too bad'.

N O T I C E: This book includes detailed themes surrounding sex, adultery, violence, suicide, abuse, sexual harassment, alcohol, drugs, blood, death, anxiety, ptsd and other very sensitive topics — are all graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.
Viewer discretion advised. 
(nothing new, you know the drill)

.
.

"DEAN?"

"DEAN?"

What the hell was he doing here? Finn thought to himself—his hand subconsciously got tighter on Y/N's waist, more protective.

"Finn, buddy!" Dean smiled his charming smile, his green eyes squinting. "Fancy seeing you here, what a coincidence."

Finn wasn't in the mood for jokes. "What the hell are you doing here?" He seemed angry, his stare was harsh.

Y/N didn't know why though. But she could see that Finn definitely didn't like Dean being there. He was dressed casually for once, she almost didn't recognize him out of his guard uniform.

But what was he doing here?

"What, you think you're the only one with problems, buddy?" Dean chuckled, shaking his head. "News flash, you're not."

"Mr. Chester, this isn't appropriate—" Sadie tried to dilute the situation.

"You think I don't know that, dickwad?" Finn spat, his eyes narrowed at Dean. He knew he was up to no good here.

"I mean hey, it's a nice day today, isn't it? Oh, but you'd actually have to go outside to see it, but I get that you're busy with...your therapist." Dean smirked, his eyes lingering on Y/N for a bit longer than Finn could handle.

Finn took a step forward in front of Y/N, as if shielding her from his insults. "What the hell are you trying to say—"

"Finn." Y/N warned, a single word from her lips was able to halt Finn in his own sentence.
She placed a hand on his bicep, her one touch already calming him down. "It's fine. I can handle it." She muttered, just low enough for Finn to hear.