𝟏𝟔. GALA CONSPIRACIES

THIS WAS A DOUBLE UPDATE
make sure you read THIS ONE first
before you read chapter 17!

A/N: also your guys' new years resolutions
better be to stop listening to me when i say i'm gonna publish a chapter by a certain day.

because you and i both know damn
well that i never finish in time lmfao.

050.
THE GALA CONSPIRACIES.

N O T I C E: This book includes detailed themes surrounding sex, adultery, violence, suicide, abuse, sexual harassment, alcohol, drugs, blood, death, anxiety, ptsd and other very sensitive topics — are all graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.
Viewer discretion advised.
(nothing new, you know the drill)

.
.

THE OFFICES WERE BUZZING with activity by the time Y/N arrived at the gala event, slamming her Impala door shut after getting out

THE OFFICES WERE BUZZING with activity by the time Y/N arrived at the gala event, slamming her Impala door shut after getting out. She smoothed out her dress, fixed her hair a bit in the window reflection of her car, and made her way to the front entrance where many other people filed inside.

With her clutch in her hand at her side, she felt good as she made strong confident strides through the event of bustling people. People were clothed in suits and dresses, everyone looking their absolute 'fanciest.'

The office was completely transformed into a almost ballroom-like area, chandeliers hung from the ceiling with white-sheet tables scattered around the grand room. It was easy to get lost in the sea of people, but Y/N was looking for one in particular.

Her eyes moved through the crowd, trying to find that one person. She looked for the familiar set of honey brown eyes she loved so much, her heels clicking as she excused herself through the sea of people.

She looked up for a moment, and there he was. He sat on a barstool, one arm leaning on the bar's counter, a clear glass of what looked like liquor in his hand. His other hand rested on his upper thigh while bouncing his leg nervously, his eyes just surveying the party's atmosphere.

He looked nervous. Y/N realized that this was definitely not his scene, and it must've made his anxiety worse without her around to comfort him.

So it made all the more sense when she walked up to him with the clicking of her heels, that a look of the utmost relief washed over his face.

"Hey you..." She smiled as she reached him, placing an arm around his shoulder while he sat.

"Hey." He smiled back, her heart melting at the dimples showing.