𝟏𝟐. A MOMENT'S SERENITY

046.
PAUSE FOR A MOMENT'S SERENITY.

N O T I C E: This book includes detailed themes surrounding sex, adultery, violence, suicide, abuse, sexual harassment, alcohol, drugs, blood, death, anxiety, ptsd and other very sensitive topics — are all graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.
Viewer discretion advised.
(nothing new, you know the drill)

.
.

"I HATE IT

"I HATE IT."

Y/N laughed, shaking her head. "It looks fine to me."

"This is literally the worst sandcastle I've ever made." Finn shook his head, chuckling as he mourned his sad looking sandcastle he attempted to make. "Flynn's is so much better."

Flynn laughed at this, his smile reminding Y/N so much of Finn's smile.

"I'm going to go make another one over here. I'll come get you when I'm done!" Flynn smiled at Finn, eagerly getting up to go find another site to build another sandcastle.

Finn chuckled, nodding as he watched his kid trot away. He still couldn't believe he was this kid's father.

Finn shifted in the sand, turning to face the waves that gently brushed along the shoreline a good couple feet away from them. He hooked his arms to rest around his knees, leaning back a bit to enjoy the sun's kisses.

Y/N did the same, but not before admiring his side profile for a moment. She really took this moment to soak him in. His features were mostly the same as they were years ago, but somehow more sharper and obviously matured.

His curls frayed in the same wayward way as they always had, but now were a bit longer. It was obvious he had worked out in prison, because she could tell he beefed up a bit, adding just a bit of muscle to his still lanky figure.

He looked really good. Both mentally, and physically. She was proud of him for coming this far.

"You know, you still make me nervous."

Y/N's dreamy stare was interrupted by Finn's teasing grin as he still remained focused on the sea in front of him.

"What?" She cleared her throat.

He huffed, "You're staring. That still makes me nervous."

Y/N could feel her cheeks grow hot, brushing it off with a nervous chuckle. "Sorry, I didn't mean to. I just...I just haven't gotten the chance to take a minute to really see you."

"I don't mind." He smirked, turning to give her a smug glance. "Stare at me all you want. I'm just letting you know what it does to me."

Her heart beat a million times faster, feeling his words shoot straight through her.