Part 7

"Kuroooo do you really think that the guy we met earlier would come??"

Kuroo and Bokuto were chatting in the gym. They had volleyball practice and today was the day where the first years came to have their trials for joining the team.

"Idk Bo but you're missing out something big, did you not see him getting out of the PRINCIPAL'S limo. Like- how does that make sense"

"Maybe secret lovechild?"

"Do you know how old she is"

"Old"

"secret grandson then"

"would that even be called secret- like that's their personal shit to deal with"

"Yeah ig.. DID YOU HEAR THO, HE SAID HE WANTED TO BECOME A SETTER"

"Oh yeah he did say something like that.."

"BOKUTO, KUROO WE'RE STARTING THE TRIALS, GET YOUR ASSES HERE"

The captain called like this was an everyday thing. As the last captain was a third year, it meant that it was time for a new captain. The new captain was the previous captain's little brother though. They had similar personalities and how they took care of things were similar, the team didn't really feel much of a difference from last year in terms of leadership and teamwork. A huge advantage.

"OKAYY"

They both said as they hurried over towards the entrance of the gym. A number of first year students were lined up outside, Akaashi among them.

"Hey Bo, he's actually here"

"I'm gonna ask for his number, even if doesn't get in, I'm gonna make him set for me"

Bokuto whispered greedily, his eyes focused on Akaashi. Kuroo didn't understand why Bokuto was so focused on Akaashi to become a setter for him, but he did know that there was a little jealousy inside of him.

He ignored the feeling and instead listened to what the coach was saying.

"Alright so we're doing the same thing as last year for the test. Don't worry, we'll explain it to you, first years."

He added when he saw them looking confused and nervous. The captain stepped forwards to explain.

"So, basically, 3 vs 3 but the teams are random. We, 3rd years won't be participating but the 2nd years will. Don't take it too seriously if you lose, we'll be looking out for your techniques, skills and playstyle over win/lose. Anyway, after the quick match, you can leave, the results for who got in will be put up outside the gym by probs next week so keep an eye on it! And remember, teams are random, don't blame me if you have to go up against a team with only second years"

"Oh man. I completely forgot we had to play against them"

Bokuto whispered.

"Hope we get to play against that Akaashi guy then"

"Oh yeah, wonder how good he is"

"Mm"

"Uhm, apparently I'm in the same team as you, Bokuto-san"

The sudden voice surprised the two. It was none other than Akaashi Keiji.

"Huh- wait what did you say??"

"I'm in your team"

"Wait really, how'd you know?"

"The board over there has our teams and names on, I'm with you and this guy called Kai (rando), who's also a first year. Kuroo-san is with two other second years. And.. we're playing against each other.."