Part 3

Author's note: might be a longer chapter than usual :) Please also comment if you find any mistakes or think something is too repetitive, it really helps TwT

Today was the day. The day where different teams across the country would gather and play volleyball in the big Tokyo stadium. All aiming for the top of the podium with a gold medal.

Two certain boys were too excited and didn't sleep too well. Both being first years of a very strong powerhouse in Tokyo.

The two were fully aware that they probably wouldn't step foot on the orange court in an official match. They knew, but as soon as they got to the stadium, the court.

They realised.

They had to come back to this very court, next year, and actually play a part in the game. Both boys felt like it was something that had to be done.

The first match went smoothly. They won the game 2-0. The next match was harder as the match drew out longer. They won 2-1. They won the next match as well.

They were in the quarter finals. It was all going well... until one of the outside hitters banged his head badly on the post. (Idk if that's even possible, but yk for the plot :D, also idk what that thing's called so I called it a post (the two poles that hold the net))

Bokuto was called by the coach.

"Bokuto, I need you to go out there and reassure everyone. I know you're a first year, but that's exactly why. It'll be good for next year if you have the experience. I know you can do it." The coach patted his shoulder.

"Right, go out there and show the world who you are."

The coach had taken a liking to Bokuto ever since he joined the team. He had both power and height. His bright personality and how he played on the court made him, and anyone watching, stare in awe.

Bokuto nodded and soon a whistle rang in the air, indicating the end of their timeout and the start of Bokuto's high school debut match.

As Bokuto stepped onto the court, he could sense the tension, the nervousness of everyone on his side of the court.

No one really knew about Bokuto, or Kuroo, as an individual. No one paid attention, there were just too many people in the team. Only the coach had noticed their progress and the hard work they put in.

The official setter was probably the closest to them in the team, he had worked with the two when they asked for extra practice.

He believed in Bokuto's strength. And Bokuto wasn't about to disappoint him.

He breathed in and shouted, "GUYS, WE'RE HERE TO WIN THIS THING!! DON'T YOU DARE GIVE UP!"

The team was surprised and so was the opposite team. The coach was impressed and Kuroo just smiled. He knew that it was something Bokuto would do.

The whistle rang. It was Bokuto's turn to serve and he hit a powerful serve resulting in a no touch ace.

"Looks like we have a powerful first year in Iwate High this year!" The commentary said. "Let's see what else he has in store!!"

He hit another serve but was picked up by the opposite team. The ball was spiked but the captain picked it up. The ball was going to the setter.

He smirked, as he noticed Bokuto's stare. "I'll give it a shot, you impatient owl," He setted high in the air, the one Bokuto was waiting for. He licked his licks and started running. He soared into the air and everything changed to slow-motion. Two blockers were coming up and the libero was covering where he expected Bokuto to do a cross shot. Bokuto looked down, onto the blockers, with a huge amount of pressure that made them slightly shiver and cower away.