Part 6

"H..uh?-"

Was all Bokuto could make out before he got tackled to the ground by none other than his boyfriend, Kuroo Tetsurō.

"Kuro stop, he's still ill, don't jump onto him like that-"

"BO I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE OKAY"

"Huh..? Where am I? I thought I was playing... THE GAME! WHAT HAPPENED!?"

Kuroo looked down with guilt and frustration in his face. Kenma's face didn't change but you could see in his eyes that he had sympathy for the poor boy.

"We... did we.. lose..?"

No one spoke.

Bokuto's face darkened as he understood the silence.

"Oh.. I mean... Well.. there's next year, we can win next year!"

His dark face turned into a sad smile which was painful to see.

"Bo, I-"

Kuroo was cut off when the door opened and Bokuto was surprised to see a player from the team he just lost to.

"Is- oh you're awake."

There was a moment of awkward silence before Kuroo broke it by deciding to introduce Oikawa to Bokuto.

"Oh yeah, you don't know him. Well this is Oikawa Tōru, he was the first one to notice you were different from usual and called a timeout right after you collapsed. He also immediately noticed that you had a high fever and went to get an ice pack."

"T- thanks.. A lot.."

"No big deal, I have a weak body and get all sorts of illnesses so I know these kinda things."

Another awkward moment of silence.

This time Kuroo didn't know what to say. The four boys just stood there staring at one another.. Three actually, as one was on his game playing silently through the entire time since Bokuto awoke.

"Well.. I guess we ca-"

Kuroo was cut off yet again by a door opening, only this time, it was just a doctor coming to check up on Bokuto. Oikawa decided to leave, he quickly exchanged numbers with Kuroo before he did.

"Oh! Glad to see you're awake, I'm just gonna check some things, then you're free to go."

"Okayyyy"

"So? How's life?"

The doctor asked, while getting some things ready.

"Uh, fine I guess?"

"Hm. Any lovelife? Sorry, sounds a bit personal, you don't have to answer if you don't want to."

Bokuto and Kuroo both turned a little red but the doctor was too busy to even see, though he did notice the hesitation and looked up.

"Are y-

"Yes they're gay and are dating, literally confessed to each other yesterday or sumn"

The usually silent Kenma suddenly spoke out of nowhere. He turned towards the two who were bright red but also looked a little.. proud? Of themselves. Weirdos. He thought.

"Oh"

Silence.

"Well then, I've finished everything.."

"Already!? I didn't even notice you did anything!"

"Well, professionals need to get the job done quickly and efficiently"

"Thanks doc! Does this mean I can go?"

"Yep yep, remember to take more care of yourself in the future, have a nice rest of the day."