THIRTY TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY TWOAWAKE!

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
AWAKE!

FROM THE WAY YOU ACT... YOU SEEM
QUITE FOND OF ME.

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

It had been more than three days since she last collapsed and those three days felt like a drag for how slow time seemed to pass by. Sweat beads trickled down her forehead as she reached out to grab her nearby water bottle.

"How much more?" She questioned from the inside of the testing chamber. Doyoung and Taeil had been running multiple tests and though their experiments did not hurt, it did tire her out badly to the point she'd pass out from time to time. Some might not agree but she gave them her consent for everything, understanding that this was necessary if they wanted the Rebellion to be one step ahead.

Taeil peered down at the program, his eyes narrowing at the scans they took of her brain. They have been monitoring her brain, trying to scoop up any information but her mind was completely blank. Which didn't make sense to the doctors. If she was experiencing a recall like what Jungwoo had theorized, then why couldn't they see anything? Or at least tiny fragments of her memories.

Taeil sighed harshly, shaking his head as he felt like they weren't moving forward at all. Circles—they kept going in circles.

The black-haired doctor turned to the scientist, his face distressed and a slight panic hinted in his voice. "We need to stop for now." Taeil's eyes widened momentarily and he glanced up at Doyoung who furrowed his brows. "If we keep going it's going to be far more dangerous than it already is. Sera has already passed out three times and that's more than enough."

"But—"

The scientist was silenced when Doyoung spoke again, "We can't risk her life, Dr. Moon. She's not going to become a lab rat."

"I–I can take it." The two doctors snapped their heads towards the room as a shaky breath escaped her parted lips. She looked ragged, absolutely exhausted. Doyoung eyed her like she was crazy and shook his head, not allowing it.

"No, Seraphine. You've had enough."

"But I can keep going!"

Doyoung scoffed, glaring at her through the glass window, finding it absurd that she is willing to go lengths just for the Rebellion to go forward. "No. Absolutely not, Sera."

The said girl huffed, her mouth fell ajar upon being denied. Did Doyoung think she couldn't handle it? Sure, the procedures seemed freakish alright that it sent chills down her spine when they told her about it, but she managed to overcome two days of it, what's wrong with a few more?