THIRTY ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY ONEFALLING PIECES!

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
FALLING PIECES!

THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU KNOW
TOO MUCH. THEY DESERVE PUNISHMENT.

╍╍╍╍╍⬖⬘⬗╍╍╍╍╍

Everything was slowly falling into place.

The darkness that swallowed her in, the void she now roamed, nothing could be distinguished. Sera didn't know where she was, she had no idea of the place she was in. It was dark, cold, and empty, though brought a sense of familiarity to Sera. She had been here before, she had witnessed it before.

It was her mind. She was in her own mind.

Sera took steps around, wondering if there could be anything—something. She kept walking and walking, and walking for what seemed like hours. No signs of anything.

"Hello?" She managed to croak out, looking left and right, frantic eyes scanning the place although nothing to see.

That is until a faint light source appeared out of nowhere. Although it was tiny, it felt like a blinding light towards Sera. Not a minute passed by and she could hear whispers.

"I'm coming to find you."

"H-Hello!? Is someone there?" Sera questioned, her voice cracking as her heartbeat began to pick up its pace. Being in a dark, empty place intimidated her. What was she doing here? If this was actually her mind then why was it so empty? No, not because she was brainwashed, but there was another reason for it.

"Your mind is empty."

"Why? Why... Why is it empty!?"

"Because it's not real. I'm going to come find you."

"Who are you!?"

"You know too much."

Sera scoffed, glaring at absolutely nothing. "Know too much!? I barely know anything!"

"The people around you know too much. They deserve punishment."

"W–What? What... What are you talking about?!"

"This world is a safe place. Despite not reality, I'll protect you from the real world."

"Who are you?" Sera asked for the last time, her teeth gritted as goosebumps trickled down her spine. The voice, she had heard it before, though it had been altered a bit she thought, it was familiar. Everything didn't make sense at the moment. She was in her mind, she believed, yet she was told that it was empty because it wasn't real. It was confusing, making her head hurt again but at the same time, it slowly started to make sense. Her mind right now was empty for it isn't real.