Chapter 13: Hold

Dedicated to MoonSnitch99

Just letting you know that I read every single one of your comments and they all make my day, so thanks!

Anywho happy reading.

Chapter 13: Hold

—————

Jared Wells POV

I don't bother watching Kelly run off into the girls bathroom, because not a single part of me cared she was crying, not after the way she spoke about Stella. My wolf is still reeling inside of me, scratching at the surface from what she said. He was pushing to attack her and rip her throat out from her flimsy neck but held back. To insult someone's mate, especially the mate of an alpha, was one of the highest offenses.

Kelly wasn't always like this, but somewhere along the way between childhood and adolescence something happened. She changed for the worse and everyone in the pack noticed. We used to hook up occasionally and now when I look back I wish I could take it all back. It happened and in the moment I didn't regret it, but now just thinking about it nauseates me.

I'm not a complete 'fuckboy' as Andrea would say, contrary to what many people might believe.

I've been with only a few girls, Kelly being one of them, but they knew their place after we were done. Kelly is the only one that went above and beyond to irritate and disrespect her Alpha. I feel my claws elongate from my hand and sink into my hand drawing blood, just thinking about how she called Stella a slut.

I finally had enough of her shit just moments ago when she brought up my mate. If somebody has a problem they will take it up with me, I will not tolerate them bringing up my mate. I told Kelly I'd throw her out of the pack if I she tried to mess with Stella, or whatever whatever messed up stuff girls do to eachother.

I've had it carved in my mind from a young age that the pack business comes first and everything else comes second until you find your mate, and I've found mine. I'm sure as hell not going to let my past mistakes mess with what's mine.

I did something in that moment that my wolf has been wanting to do it since he first laid eyes on his mate. I mind linked the pack and told them that Stella was my mate among other things and cut off the connection before I heard any responses. Word will spread that the Alpha of the Wells Pack has found his mate and people will try to harm her, but I'll be damned if I let them.

I'll protect her.

Your mate is your other half. The person you are destined to be with. The person you protect. They say that the Moon Goddess pairs two souls together long before their time and it's the path they take in their lives that lead them to each other, but just because we are werewolves doesn't mean we all believe in the same things. There are others that believe we chose our mates and that there is no such thing as the Moon Goddess, but it's all just opinions to me.

I haven't seen Stella since I got her to skip with me on Friday. Rogues were trying to breach the border over the weekend and I never had a chance to get back to the house. We ended up taking a few of the Rogues into the cells we keep trespassers in for questioning and I plan to find out what they want, but until then I posted more of the pack guards around the borders for safety reasons to keep the filthy things out.

I realized this weekend that not being around Stella was harder than I ever anticipated it would be. We aren't even fully bonded and I'm already borderline depressed when I'm away from her.

"When we're away from her," My wolf corrects me, not denying what I said at all.

He's right. He, just as much as me wouldn't stop thinking about Stella this whole weekend. Wouldn't stop thinking about the way her nose crinkles when she laughs or the way time just seems to stop when she smiles. I only finished questioning one of the Rogues around an hour ago and let's just say it didn't end well for him.