Chapter 12: Game

Update✔

Thank you guys so much for reading and sticking with me. I remember when I had 30 reads on this story, now there is 3 million! It's just so crazy!

Happy reading!

Song to the side: Colour Me In by Damien Rice (Current obsession)

Chapter 12: Game

----------

It is Monday morning and here I sit in Mr. Dawson's English class barely awake and about two seconds away from ripping out a page from this damn book and stuffing it down the person's throat that's humming. Mr. Dawson had decided to have us start reading Shakespeare bright and early today. This is exactly how I usually like to spend my mornings, but I can't seem to concentrate right now with this dudes stupid humming. I've spent the last 20 minutes reading the same page over and over again while simultaneously shooting daggers at the back of this guy's head, let me tell you now, I'm on edge.

I spent this whole weekend depriving myself of sleep so I didn't have to see that dream- no, nightmare again. Maybe it was just a one time thing but I really don't want to find out. So, until I'm sure it won't happen again I'll be running of caffeine. Unfortunately, even that can't keep me from zoning in and out of attention at times.

"Okay, can someone tell us what is motivating Iago to do these things to Othello?" Mr. Dawson asks the class. Not surprisingly no one raises a hand or even makes a move to answer the question. I haven't even gotten passed the first page and my brain is already blank.

Mr. Dawson's taps his foot while his eyes start to roam the classroom, and of course they land on me. Just perfect. "How about you new kid, can you tell us?"

One by one everyone turns around until all eyes are staring at me. Seriously? This is completely different from my old school, no one would even bothering looking up when the teacher spoke let alone somebody in class, well besides Carter, they all turned for him.

"Her name is Stella, Mr.D," Andrea says from beside me. She shoots me a wink and then continues to throw little pieces of her eraser at the back of Dylan's head.

If I didn't know any better I would have though those two were together, but Andrea swears he's just a friend to her and I believe her.

"Well Stella?" Mr. Dawson asks me using my name now. I contemplate just bullshitting an answer but then I realize I actually know nothing about this book.

"I don't know," I say avoiding eye contact with him and staring down at the table.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" He snaps out the question

"I don't know," I say again.

"Repeat yourself."

"She said that she doesn't know, stop being such a prick," Everyone's attention snapped to Dylan as he spoke including mine. I could've sworn I heard a growl emit from him, but that can't be possible. His eyes are dark as they stare down Mr. Dawson.

"To the principal's office now!" Mr. Dawson yells pointing at the door.

"Gladly," Dylan mutters coldly, getting up slowly while staring down the teacher. When he reaches the door his eyes slide to mine and they soften momentarily before he is gone.

I'm in shock for second about what what just happened. Dylan stood up for me and got kicked out of class because of it. I can't help but feel bad. Maybe if I just answered something this wouldn't of happened.

When class ended I was up and out of my seat before the bell finished. Walking down the halls was like a maze, but somehow I found my next class.

I was one of the first to arrive in Science class. Sitting down at my desk in the back was almost comforting because no one was around me. I've talked more in the past week than I think I have to anyone at my old school, beside Carter. It's weird though. At my old school I felt like I couldn't talk to people, even if I wanted to no one cared for what I had to say anyways. Here in Sutton it feels different. Nobody knows me from before I moved. Being here is almost like getting a fresh start at high school.