Kabanata 29 (Chapter 29)

Author's note:
Hi everyone!! Sorry for the late update, I was in Dinagat for a week. I will make it up to you all, I will be updating chapters before the epilogue. I hope you would enjoy reading😉I also haven't proofread everything so please understand the errors😁

————————————————————————

I woke up pretty early, I looked at my phone to check the time and it was still 5:00 am. I went out of my bed, washed my face, brushed my teeth and went down to the beach. As I was walking down the hallway I noticed that I am the only one who must be awake, since it's very quiet. I reached the beach in a couple of minutes, I sat down the sand while wearing my pajamas. I should wait for the sunrise I bet it's going to be nice. We are going home today, we extended since they liked the place but today we are finally going home. I am glad I bought lots of clothes.

As I was waiting for the sun to rise I looked at my surroundings. The place is so peaceful, I hope that my mind could also be this peaceful. While roaming my eyes around I spotted a familiar figure near the bench. I went near to see if it's really him. When I got near I heard him talking to someone on the phone.

"What do you fucking need Zyrel. Stop pestering me." He said in a very annoyed tone while kicking the sand.

"I will visit the child not because you are telling me to and where is his father why are you calling me." He said in a serious tone, after that he ended the call.

I was about to go back to my place when our eyes met.

"Kanina ka pa?" Xavier asked me which made me still. Omyghad you dumbass Francine he might think na you are stalking him.

"I was waiting for the sun to rise so I just walked around for a while." I said to him and smiled awkwardly.

"Did you hear anything?" He asked me with a questioning look.

"I just arrived, I didn't hear anything, promise." I said and smiled. I heard him chuckle and afterwards he showed me a teasing smile.

"Yeah sure." He said and turned his back at me, maybe to enter the hotel.

"Wait!" I said and that made him look back at him.

"Can we talk?" I asked him and he nodded.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked me while getting near me. I sat down the sand and he sat beside me.

"The past. I want to clear things out." I told him while looking at my feet.

"Sure." He said

"I think I should go first?" He said and I nodded.

"I am sorry for lying about everything. I didn't mean to lie to you I just didn't want to lose you." He said and sighed.

"I knew that I was getting married to Zyrel even when I was still a kid my parents would always remind me that. They say that I am meant for Zyrel and Zyrel only. They kept planting that on my head and I accepted it. We dated in high school for the sake of my parents to stop pressuring me but I have never felt anything for her. I started to accept the fact that I would live with her for the rest of my life but things changed. In my senior year in high school I fucked up. I didn't reach the expectations of my parents, I didn't graduate as a valedictorian, I wasn't a student leader, technically I wasn't like my siblings. My dad would always tell me that I am a failure and that I am not good enough and the only way that he could be happy and proud of me is if I marry Zyrel, I was already willing to do that." He said but he stopped and looked at me.

"But I saw you, let's say love at first sight is true." He said and chuckled.

"I saw you at Zyrel's sisters graduation, you go to the same school. That explains why she looks familiar to you since she looks like her sister. I saw you saying your speech and I was so stunned at how good you are delivering your words and I am so impressed that you are a beauty and brains. That's also the time where I learned about your name when the emcee called you and when your face with your name flashed on the big screen. Luckily, I saw you again at the restaurant where you were having your graduation celebration. I was so stunned to see you that time pretty close. I felt that you were so high and I can't reach you but I tried my best." He said and smiled at me.