The Birthday Party

You took Camilo's hand and you both entered the doors of Casita. Camilo's dad, Félix, greeted you with a hug and you offered him his gift. It was a pair of dancing shoes since Camilo told you he loved to dance. Plus, he helped you picking the gift.

  -Oh sweetie, thank you so much! They're amazing!
  -I'm so glad you liked them señor Madrigal!

  Félix had a huge bright smile and it made you feel so happy! Camilo was sure lucky to have such an amazing father. He was really funny and out there, just like his son. Also having the chance to meet Camilo's family was so great and such a nice feeling.
After you had greeted everyone, you followed the family Madrigal all the way to the dining room.

  -Ah, señorita LN. It's so nice to finally to meet you after all the good my grandchild talks about you.

  Alma Madrigal shook your hand with a dandy smile.

  -Señora Alma Madrigal! It's a pleasure!

  You also gave her a smile but you really didn't know what to say. Camilo didn't talk much about her, but apparently he spoke a lot about you.

  -Oh that is such a hermoso pin you have there! Where did you get it?

  Julieta, Camilo's tia asked you when she saw the hazel pin Camilo gave you. You looked at Camilo's gift and back at Camilo looking for an answer. But he was also looking at you hoping you would come up with something. Well, there is nothing better than the truth right?

  -It was a gift.

  You said looking at Camilo from the corner of your eye. Julieta smiled once she noticed.

~

  You and all the Madrigal family were having dinner. The food was delicious. Camilo's tia was really a nice cook, just like he said. When all of you finished the main course of the meal, Pepa, Bruno, Camilo and Juliet got up. Pepa covered her husband's eyes while Dolores and Antonio got really close to their father. Meanwhile, Camilo, Bruno and Julieta entered the kitchen. You got close to Luisa to ask her what was going on, but before you got to ask anything, she got up to get something from the living room. Every one was going under the table. That made you, Felix, Antonio and Dolores the only ones who were sitting. And you felt so awkward in that situation. You had no idea what to do. Suddenly, you felt something pulling your leg. You looked underneath the table and saw Mirabel calling you down. You looked around with a weird look on your face, but slid down the chair. When you got to the ground, Mirabel pulled you closer and whispered in your ear.

  -Don't worry, we are just getting tio's Felix gifts we hid underneath our chairs. Camilo must have forgotten to tell you.

  Well he did forget. But that was a reasonable explanation. Everyone had a box with a bow on ready, so you got to sit on the chairs again. Just in time for the others to arrive from the kitchen with a cake in hands. Luisa also came from the living room with a piano in hands as if it was as light as a feather. She put the piano down and her father, Agustín started playing "happy birthday". The cake with candles was placed in front of Felix when his wife uncovered his eyes. Everyone started singing happy birthday. Including you. Once you we're done, Felix blew the candles and gifts were exchanged. And then, questions started being made. Especially to you.

  -So, YN how did you two meet?
  -Who are your parents?
  -Do you have siblings? Or cousins?
  -Do you like children? How about animals?
  -What's your favorite flower?

  You where being bombed with question and while you tried to answer them all, you felt so nervous and anxious. You were pretty out there but this started stressing you out. You didn't want to ruin your chance with your cr- friend's  family. But then, Camilo noticed you were sweating nervously. He was sitting next to you, so when he saw from under the table that your hands were on your legs, he took a deep breath and slid his hand to yours. You looked under the table in shock as you saw his hand holding yours. You looked back at him and he was looking directly at a point in front of him to avoid eye contact. You immediately felt more relieved.