~ Chapter 18 ~

Present Day
~The Domo

~~~~~~

Ikaris was gone.

Sprite's gone.

And now Kingo was gone.

When Sprite left with Ikaris everyone just felt defeated. But now that Kingo left, everyone felt defeated and numb.

Druig was doing everything in his power to not go after Ikaris and make him pay. But one look at Freya—-seeing her so defeated and broken, he knew he had to stay back and comfort her.

He had cleaned her cut above her eyebrow while tears would occasionally fall from her eyes making Druig's heart break.

Other than Sersi, Freya was the only one who actually still felt heartbroken. Once Ikaris left everybody else's heartbreak soon turned into anger, wanting revenge for what he did.

But Sersi and Freya still held onto that little sliver of hope that making Ikaris would stop this and tell them he was joking.

While Druig cleaned her wound, all Freya could think about were the times Ikaris and her shared. From their playful, competitive sparring to them occasionally pranking Druig.

To this day, she still couldn't believe she was able to get Ikaris to prank somebody—-with his serious and mature nature all the time.

Now he was gone, betraying not only her and Sersi but their entire family.

"So what now?" Freya finally asked, looking up at the others.

Everybody was now sitting in the main room——trying to come up with something. Everyone was either contemplating just giving up or continuing on with the plan.

"Look if I'm gonna get myself killed going up against Ikaris, we'll need to have a backup plan." Druig spoke up, pulling Freya closer on his lap.

Druig had kept Freya close to him ever since Ikaris left—not wanting to take any chances with the possibility that someone else could betray them.

"You are not going to die Druig! I won't let that happen." Freya said, her tone stern while she cupped his cheek.

He smiled at her determined voice before pressing a kiss to her cheek——making her smile before they turned to the others.

"All of our powers even if they're amplified are not enough to kill a celestial, so—" Phastos said, trailing off towards the end.

"Well Sersi did turn a deviant into a tree." Freya said with a shrug.

Phastos snapped his head towards Freya, surprised he didn't get whiplash before looking at Sersi with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry what?! You didn't want to tell me that?!" Phastos exclaimed, making Sersi look at him sheepishly.

"You've never been able to do it before." Makkari signed in confusion and astonishment.

"I don't know how it happened okay? And I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again." Sersi said dismissively.

"Well now is the time to try don't you think?" Phastos said, still amazed with the news.

"Phastos that deviant is dead! Our plan is to put Tiamut to sleep, not to kill it. I can't kill a celestial." Sersi said, defeated.

Freya just looked at Sersi with pity. She knew how defeated Sersi was feeling and the pressure everyone was giving her was not helping.

Druig must've sensed how stressed Sersi was feeling because he finally spoke up, "It's okay Sersi, I got this."

"Druig please let's think about this." Freya pleaded, finally having enough.

Up until this point she had spoken up about how uncomfortable she felt with Druig being the main focus of the plan but even then she kept most of how she was feeling hidden.

Now Freya was pleading for Druig to try and think this through, wanting him to be a hundred percent on board.

If Freya could since any form of doubt then she would completely call off the plan—no matter what it would take.

She couldn't risk losing her soulmate, the guy she fell deeply in love for and promised her they'd had infinite time.

"Freya I know this is difficult but we've come so far now. We both knew that it was only a matter of time until a big threat like this would come and one of us if not both would have to go against it alone. And I thank the heavens that it's me going against it and not you because I couldn't risk anything happening to you." Druig said, cupping her cheeks.

"Are you a hundred percent sure about this?" Freya whispered, her voice cracking towards the end making Druig's heart clench.

At this point both of them had tears forming in their eyes while they gazed at each other.

Freya was so consumed with pleading with Druig she barely realized everyone leave and then come back with determined looks.

"It's time." Phastos said, making Freya and Druig weakly nod.

They both stood up turning to face each other, while everyone went to change into their suits.

"I love you my beautiful, beautiful Freya. Everything is going to be okay, I'll make sure of it." Druig said, before pressing a kiss to Freya's forehead.

~~~~~~~
**authors note**

omggg okay so the final battle is about to happen !!!!

i hope you guys liked this chapter and let me know what you thought of it!

i hope you guys have an amazing day and i'll see you next time!

i love you guys! <3

-rachel
:)