~ Chapter 4 ~

575 BC
~ Babylon

Helping the family get behind the big gate, I made sure they were all in before turning around to the deviant.

Running up to it, I used the water to carry me over it, landing behind it. Makkari sped over to me, handing me a sphere.

"Thank you!" I signed to her making her nod her head with a smile——before speeding away, helping the people get to safety.

Facing the deviant, we charged at each other. I jumped up sticking the sphere in its head making it screech before it used its tail to knock me into some crates.

Groaning in pain, I didn't realize the deviant was coming towards me until Gilgamesh stood in front of me blasting it away.

"Thanks Gilgamesh." I said, as he put his hand out for me to take.

"Anytime Freya. Although Druig would kill any of us if you came back with a single scratch on you." He said, blasting a deviant away when it came our way.

"Typical Druig. Seems like I need to have a talk with him later today." I said, using my powers to burn a deviant coming our way.

"Oh I would love to see that." Gilgamesh smirked, while we both laughed.

Focusing back on the deviants, Gilgamesh and I split up, him finishing off the last of the deviants. Once he knocked out the last one, I made my way back to the ship.

"Druig!" I yelled, once I made it on the ship.

"Oh she sounds pissed." I heard Sprite say.

I made my way into the main room where Sprite was twirling a dagger around, Phastos was working on one of his inventions, and Druig himself——was sitting on the ledge, eating as usual.

"Ah my beautiful Freya. How was the fight darling?" He asked, standing up making his way towards me.

"Oh no you don't!" I said, holding my hand out making him stop and Sprite and Phastos started laughing.

"What'd I do?" Druig asked, frowning.

"Telling the others you'd kill them if I come back with just a single scratch?" I asked, crossing my arms while raising an eyebrow.

"You didn't get hurt did you?" He suddenly asked, holding my face with both his hands——his eyes searching over me.

Looking over his shoulder, I gave Phastos and Sprite a pleading look but of course they avoided eye contact looking oblivious to everything.

Turning back to Druig, I took his hands away from my face, holding them both.

"Druig. I'm fine. See? Not a single scratch. You're overreacting." I said, giving him a small smile.

"I know, I know. Just had to be sure." He said, holding his hands up in surrender.

"You know I can take care of myself right? Otherwise Ajak wouldn't be sending me out there." I said, making him nod.

"Now! Where's the food?" I said, clapping my hands together.

"Over here m'lady." He said, holding my hand and leading me to where he was earlier.

"You guys make me sick." Sprite said, rolling her eyes.

"You love us Sprite, and you know it." I said, sitting in between Druig's legs, leaning against his chest.

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to his chest while he gave me some bread to eat.

"You know Sprite, maybe one day you'll find the one?" I said, taking a bite.