Chapter 14

Sweat poured from all over my face. "Come on, your hitting nothing but air," Caine's voice yelled. I took in a deep breath.

Yes, I tried training, which was a really bad idea. I couldn't even punch Caine without accidentally tripping from the force I was putting. And even though Caine was obviously going easy on me, I'm still screwed up.

"Okay, never mind this isn't working, just run around this area for now then?" It sounded more like a question than a statement, the other time he made me run around the area, it took me 37 minutes and 52 seconds. And my excuse was because 'I wasn't in the mood to run,' which was partly true, but the main reason I was so slow was because I never had a reason to run before and so I was never that  fast. 

I started running around the area, I wiped my sweat with a towel that I got in case I'd get sweaty and I looked like I had gotten a shower without drying myself right now. 

I thought when I turned into a wolf I would be way faster and way stronger, but it seems like it hasn't took any effect. Or maybe I should actually make some effort and train before it takes effect? I don't really know.

I ran and ran for what seemed to be eternity, until I finally reached where Caine was standing. He looked bored.

Of course he would look bored, how long have you ran? An hour? Two? More?

I'm basically you and your basically me, so we're both slow at—

"Your back, earlier than I thought you would," Caine said. Earlier than he thought I would? Maybe it was a few seconds less from before, maybe?

Caine checked the stopwatch. "23 minutes and 17 seconds, much better than before. That's a really good improvement."

He didn't look like he meant it was a really good improvement for a wolf. Wolves are supposed to run much much more faster than that, but then again I'm new to these so he could give me an exemption? 

***

Days had passed and I was getting better at the whole 'training' thing. The vampire's from this clan were sending a few men to help the wolves escape, little by little. Only the vampires could get in the barrier, and so no matter how hard Caine had tried to get in, he just couldn't, but the vampires can get in effortlessly.

I was worried for the other wolves that were fighting for their lives in there. Though I hadn't been close with wolves much, I still feel bad for them. Daniel and I had been getting along quite well on these few days, but Caine gets jealous each time I even just talk to him. But I get it, Alpha's are way more protective than a normal wolf.

I had read a lot about vampires and wolves during my free time, mostly to know more about their species, and to kill time. I was bored out of my mind whenever my 'training' was finished. Right now, I'm just sitting the side of my bed, drinking orange juice.

Suddenly, I choked. But before whatever the 'thing' in my orange juice could get into my throat, I spat it out. A seed. A freaking seed. I thought they were meant to put all the seeds out after they squeeze the oranges. 

I suddenly felt dizzy, without knowing, I fell. 

Good thing the bed caught me.

Black spots filled my vision as I tried to regain consciousness, but I blacked out soon after. I passed out.

***

"Who drugged her?! Who prepared the orange juice?" I heard a voice. That was obviously Caine's voice, I know it too well, but this time, it wasn't the soft, gentle Caine, it was the raging, furious one.

The men on the corner of the room shuffled their feet and fiddled on their fingers nervously. "Well? If none of you speaks up I'll just check the CCTV's and find out," another voice, that I assumed was Daniel's, spoke. He was much calmer than Caine was, but I could still hear a strain of disappointment and anger in his voice.

"We couldn't just assume— I mean without proof-," the man speaking struggled to find words, he was visibly trembling and his voice cracked as he spoke.

"Aren't the CCTV's enough proof? I'll check on it once she wakes up," Daniel said, a low growl erupting on the back of his throat.

I felt someone sit right next to where I was laying. Someone rested their hand on my forehead, checking my temperature. His hand sent sparks and shivers down my spine, the only person that had that effect on me was Caine. "She's definitely better than a while ago, her temperature was burning like fire just a few minutes ago but now it's cold... honestly it feels too cold," he muttered to himself.

I think burning like fire was better than being ice cold. Having a warm temperature means your alive, so it's definitely better.  I think. Maybe.

Finally, I was able to open my eyes. The first thing I saw was Caine's comforting blue eyes, looking down at me. "Are you alright?" He asked.

"Mhm," I replied, still feeling dizzy. It wasn't completely a lie.

"Okay, you'll be here for a few hours to rest, since wolves heal much faster than humans." Then, Caine and Daniel both left the room, the men following them like lost puppies.

I clutched my stomach in pain. I got up from the bed and opened the curtain to reveal the window. I looked up the evening sky, it was a beautiful sight. But after a few moments of silence, the window crashed. The glass shards from the window pricked my skin and I cried in pain as blood oozed out of the pricks. A man stepped in the room and knocked me out.

Everything turned black, and I fell right into the vampire's awaiting arms.