Chapter 7

Shock was written all across my face. Emma, Em was a wolf. Questions overwhelmed my mind once more.

How? 

When?

I just learned some things about Pureblooded Werewolves and now this...?

"I got turned, like, almost right away when we got... you know.." Emma said softly. "Then these wolves taught me how to control it and stuff so yeah." 

"Anyways, you better get to Caine now or he's going to kill you," she chuckled.

I smiled and rushed towards their room. I opened the door to find the three brothers, sitting on one of the coaches. Staring at me.

Isn't this so awkward?

Caine cleared his throat. Right. I'm supposed to clean...

I started picking up the small shreds from the vases they threw, I winced when my finger started bleeding. "You don't do it like that," Caine muttered. "Just sweep it off the floor." He pointed towards the broom and dustpan. I hummed in response and grabbed it, cleaning the rest of the room, while they just stared  at me. Which was kind of awkward but its fine.

After they dismissed me, I went back to my room that I shared with Trix. I opened the door and started finding for a first aid kit to bandage my bleeding finger. I checked the small drawers near the bathroom door and found a small, red, first aid kit with the words 'Room 07' embroidered in it. I zipped the zipper open and grabbed some bandages, then wrapped it around my finger. Yes, I know I'm being kind of dramatic in here, but I'm kind of scared of blood.

After that, I went back downstairs. The others were supposed to be eating right now. I went over to where the slaves and servants usually eat, and found Anna, Emma and Ezra eating at their usual table. They waved me over and I smiled as I saw a reserved spot beside Anna. I went over to them and dug into the food they got for me. "Thanks for the reserve," I murmured as I dug into my yogurt. They got me a strawberry flavored one. My favorite. 

"Your always welcome."

I smiled at them. They were just the best friends ever. Don't get me wrong— I'm not using them. I ate the rest of my food and drank the rest of my water while chatting with my friends. But then I loud 'bang' and the doors opening caught our attention. Well, everyone's attention, really. I looked over at the main thing and saw a werewolf holding a human as if he weighed like a feather. There were more werewolves behind him. Then, the guy holding the human spoke. "As a warning for all of you not try to escape, we will be punishing this human," he indicated towards the human he was holding, "that tried escaping."

I stared in horror and fear as they started whipping the man as if he was a horse. I was really scared if the man will make it alive. The werewolf didn't care, he just whipped with all his might. I can't believe they don't even show mercy... I feel so bad yet I can't do anything about it. I hope my father wouldn't be stupid enough to try to escape... the punishment... it's not worth it.

I watched them whip the guy, watched as every bloody wound was placed. I watched as the blood dried out of him. As he cried in pain and begged for mercy. And no, the wolves didn't show mercy. They laughed hysterically as if it was some weird joke. I honestly felt like slapping the guy right now. And without even noticing what I was doing, I was walking up to them. Anna and the others tried stopping me. But no. I couldn't do this. He didn't deserve this for just trying to escape. To try and get a freedom everyone deserved. But what did he get? A punishment that could get him killed. I can't watch as these werewolves slaughtered the life out of the man. And when I was facing him. I slapped him. Right in the face. I watched as his face morphed to anger. 

"Who are you to do that?" He growled fiercely, as if it were a warning.

There was no backing down now.

I took in a deep breath and said, "You can't just slaughter him like that then laugh like a maniac in here. You can't punish someone so highly just because they're trying to seek for their own freedom and want their actual life back then. You won't ever, and I mean ever, understand how us humans feel because you never were one. You're already punishing him, and you make him feel like he's not worth anything by how you laugh with your little werewolf friends there. Just because you guys are stronger and more powerful doesn't mean you can trample over everyone and everything that gets in your way, thats just selfish."

He and his werewolf friends just stared at me. Well, everyone stared at me actually. I mentally gulped, knowing there would be a punishment after what I have said but... someone's gotta spit facts in them. And no one had the nerve to do that so— I just did it.

"You do know you'll get severely punished by me after what you did," he growled. He was pissed. Anyone can tell. 

"Yes but someone had to stop you before the guy dies," I replied, glaring at him.

"I can easily beat a human," he growled, louder this time. Then, he took one step forward. I had to do a whole load of pep talk in my mind to not step back.

Then, without warning, he lunged at me and whispered four words in my ear. Four words that sent chills down my spine. Four words.

"You'll regret this, human."