Chapter 30- Carlos

"Ugh, that's better."

"Right?" Evie agreed.

"I know. I am doing my best to keep her on schedule," Audrey said, talking to her phone in front of us. "Work with me here."

Mal stopped, and I knew the look in her eyes. The same one we all had when we found out. I hugged her, filling her mind with happy memories of the good times. I then filled her emotions with assurance and comfort.

"I really wish Carlos was here," Mal admitted in a whisper.

"We all do," Evie replied calmly.

"We were going to wait until the reception, but now seems like a better time." Jay handed her a box.

"Wow." Mal wiped away tears. She opened the box and noticed the five charms hanging from it.

"It's our crests," Evie explained. "The four VKs. Linked together forever."

"I love it." Mal laughed softly. She hugged the two, knowing that somehow Carlos was here with us.

"Hello? I'm right here."

I looked over my shoulder, noticing the soft gaze at the three. The white-haired boy walked over and hugged Evie and Jay. The two only thought it was the wind. But he was there, as a ghost, protecting us.

"Hey, guys?"

The three looked at me. "I know it's not the best time, but Blanche gave me a potion for the three of you. She thought it would help the grief. I already took a sip." I held up the three-quarter full vial.

"What does it do?" Mal asked.

"See for yourself. I'm not spoiling your gift, Mal." I smiled, holding the glass out to them.

Jay, then Mal, and finally Evie. The three looked at me in shock, then at the figure in front of them. The boy laughed.

"Hey guys. I'm still here," Carlos assured them.

"Blanche made a potion so we could see the ghost of a loved one. With a bit of hair from his hairbrush, we're able to see him," I admitted.

"Best present ever," Mal breathed.

"Let's go get your dad," Carlos said, walking away.

The spiral surrounding the bridge was flaming with blue flames. Mal looked at the bridge in disbelief.

"Dad," Mal breathed.

We ran up to Uma. She was standing there, watching the flames slowly burn away the bridge. "Uma!"

"What happened?" I questioned.

"Hades happened," Uma admitted.

"Wow. When your dad burns bridges, he literally burns bridges."

I nudged his bicep. "Not helping."

"Look, I tried to catch him, okay? And get him to chill but his hair was wild, and it was blowing in the wind and he set the bridge on fire," Uma ranted.

"I need to get to the Isle and bring my dad back," Mal said. "If you could help me, please."

"For the Queen on her wedding day? I got you." Uma ran to the edge and jumped. Uma turned into a cecaelia and splashed water onto the bridge. The flames disappeared as we were sprayed with water. Mochi did not like it.

"You're very picky today," I noticed, stroking the snake's head.

"Consider it my wedding present," Uma said. "Now go get your dad. I'll get all your guests back to the reception."