Chapter 5- Be Our Guest

Ma cherie Mademoiselle,

It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure

That we welcome you tonight

And now, we invite you to relax

Let us pull up a chair

As the dining room proudly presents

Your dinner!

Be our guest

Be our guest

Put our service to the test

Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie

And we'll provide the rest

Soup du jour

Hot hors d'oeuvres

Why, we only live to serve

Try the grey stuff

It's delicious!

Don't believe me?

Ask the dishes

They can sing, sing sing

They can dance dance dance

After all, Miss, this is France

And the dinner here is never second best

Go on, unfold your menu

Take a glance and then you'll

Be our guest

Oui, our guest

Be our guest

C'mon, yeah be our guest, guest guest

We tell jokes

I do tricks

With my fellow candlesticks

And it's all in perfect taste

That you can bet

Come on and lift your glass

You've won your own free pass

To be our guest

If you're stressed

It's fine dining we suggest

Be our guest

Be our guest

Be our guest

Be our guest

Be our guest

"Be our guest, ladies and gentlemen," I joked, walking over to the villain kids.

"I love that fabric," Evie breathed.

"Mom had it made especially for this occasion." I rolled my eyes. "Makes me look more like her, don't you think?"

"I think you look like your beautiful self," Jay said, smiling.

I smiled back. "Thanks, Jay. I'll be around the courtyard if you need me."

I joined the game of croquet later. I stayed with Jay. He was friendlier than I imagined. Definitely not the nightmare Mom and Dad told me about. It goes to show that you can't judge a book by the book written before.

"You!"

I looked over, startled. Queen Leah saw Mal. I ran over to Ben, staying by his side. Mochi wrapped up my leg and up to my arm.

"Queen Leah, it's okay. Maleficent is still on the island. This is her daughter, Mal. Don't you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?" Ben asked.

"A chance to what, Ben? Destroy us?" Queen Leah questioned. She turned to Fairy Godmother. "You remember, don't you? The poisoned apples. And the spells?! Spells. My daughter was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse. So her first words, her first steps. I missed it all!"

"I'm so sorr-"

"No way! Stay away from her!" Chad stopped her.

"Don't do this, Chad," Ben warned.

"What?" Chad questioned in disbelief. "They were raised by their parents, Ben. What do you think villains teach their kids, huh? Kindness? Fair play? No way, okay? Uh uh." He looked at Mal. "You stole another girl's boyfriend."

"Hey, hey," Ben said as I got angry.

He looked at Jay. "You enjoy hurting people. Do you want to lock (Y/n) up in an hourglass too-"

Mochi turned into my staff. Everyone jumped back in fright. My outfit turned to red, and my eyes glowed.

"Not another word out of your egotistical mouth," I growled.

Chad nodded, falling to the ground. I gasped in fright, my outfit turning back to normal. I waved blue magic over Chad as Jay grabbed my hand.

"Let go," I said.

He immediately let go. I ran off to my dorm. I shut the door and locked it, sobbing. I just hypnotized someone. In front of my parents and my brother, and practically the entire kingdom.