Chapter 21- Two... One?

The six of us walked up to the barrier.

"Alright. Get in, get out," Mal muttered. "Are you good?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, hold on."

Jay pressed the button that opened the barrier. Immediately after crossing the line, my powers woke up. A blue surge went through Mal. The cobra turned into the staff, and Mochi wrapped around it like before.

Jay wrapped his arm around me and pulled me behind him. Harry and Gil jumped through the closing barrier. They hugged in victory.

"Hey, guys, we're, uh, just comin' for a wee visit," Harry said.

The boys pushed the two back. Harry tried again, knocking into Carlos, who knocked into Mal. The ember flew out of her hand and almost hit the water.

But a tentacle caught the ember instead.

Uma emerged from the water. My eyes glowed red, whispering a protection spell around the six of us. "Drop something?"

"It can't get wet! Give it back before it blows out!" Mal demanded.

Uma laughed.

"Uma!"

"That's my name." She dove back into the water. A tornado of water rose and burst into mist. We searched the water for the villain. "Hi, boys." Uma held the ember behind us.

Harry grinned. "Welcome back!"

"Uma. You swam off and forgot all about us." Gil frowned.

"Yeah. Planning a revenge, no doubt," Mal snapped.

"It's not all about you, Mal," Uma said. "I was looking for a hole in the barrier. To let everybody out. And you know what I found, boys? It's way better out there than we thought. There's this thing that looks like a furry rock called a coconut. And fish so big, you can dance on their backs! And they think they can get it all for themselves?"

"Whatever. Uma, I need that to break a spell," Mal said, holding out her hand.

"Cast by Audrey, Sleeping Beauty's daughter," Carlos added.

"So, the good guy's the bad guy?" Uma looked at me. "Not the first time."

Jay glared at Uma. I was a good person. I wasn't going to let evil take over. "Well, I might not give it back. To see what happens."

"Uma, it's not the time for games! People's lives are in danger!" Mal shouted.

"Guarantee me that every single villain kid that wants to can get off the Isle," Uma said.

"I can't do that," Mal said softly.

Uma held the ember over the water. "Well, how about now?"

"Deal!" Mal screamed. "Deal."

"Uma!" Evie shouted. "Her word is good."

"I'll still keep this." Uma tucked the ember into her necklace. "For the time being. Because if you think I trust you to save the world on your own, think again. This is a job for pirates!"

"We can always go back to hating each other when this is over," Jay said to Mal.

"Fine," Mal said.

"Where are our bikes?" Jay demanded.

"Oh, yeah, um, we crashed them," Gil admitted as Harry made the sound effect.

"Here's a thought." Evie stepped in between the groups. "We could try to be friends. Put our history behind us and celebrate our differences. Yeah? Who wants gum?"

"Let's go," Uma said.

"Ah! No. I'm in charge. Let's go," Mal snapped.