Escape

I ate slowly, trying not to make a noise. Once I was finished I took my plate to the sink and cleaned it. I opened a cupboard to put my plate in but found several jars of eyes in them. I nearly fell over because, all of the eyes were green.

I quickly slammed the cupboard shut and left my plate in the sink. As I turned around the woman stood at the bottom of the stairs looking directly at me. She clicked her tongue and said" well, it's time for bed my dear, your nightgown is in the bottom drawer in your dresser." I stepped toward the room but stopped, "how many girls did you kill?" I blurted. Her head tipped back in surprise." Well I wouldn't say kill, they helped, kind of." She shrugged," couldn't have witnesses." I stepped toward the bathroom and reached for the doorknob. The woman suddenly grabbed my arm,"don't worry, if you give me what I need you can go." She whispered as she released her grip. I rushed into the bathroom and locked the door. Once I heard the door softly close above the stairs I ran to the window. I opened and spread my fingers against the cold wet grass. A mist sprang from the sky and descended onto my hand, I drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up my hand was freezing cold and I quickly pulled it inside. I quietly opened the door and tiptoed into "my" room. I changed into the nightgown and laid on the floor. I fell asleep only to fall into a nightmare.
" I struggled against grip of two men. We reached a room with a large metal operating table and tools on a tray next to it. I screamed and kicked as the men strapped me to the operating table, once the straps were tight around my wrists and ankles a man stepped out from behind a curtain. He stared at me with wide eyes as he inched closer. I screamed at him and he flinched, but picked up a large tool that look like a melon baller. I woke up right as the metal touched my eye."

I sprang awake, almost falling out of bed. I ran to the bathroom not even closing the door. I rammed my arms and face through the window. Tears spilled down my face as I made myself keep pushing into the window. I heard a panicked voice behind me as a hand landed on my leg. I screamed as loud as I could as I was dragged away from the window. I lay on the floor, sobbing. I pushed my face against the floor. A hand touched my shoulder, I whipped my hand around and smacked the woman in the face. She fell to the floor as I grabbed the keys from her pocket.

I took the stairs two by two, when I reached the door I jammed the key into the knob and ran through the door. I couldn't see the father or the son so I sprinted to the door. It swung open and I ran right through the son, he toppled to the ground. I ran down the road as fast as I could until I felt a could pain in my left calf. I fell on my face, when I looked down I saw a bleeding hole. I touched the blood right as darkness filled my view.