Ticking

"3 more minutes." I thought. "DIIIINNNNG!" Screaming and shouting is all I heard as I walked down the 8th hall, plus the occasional curse word. "Watch it." I whisper as a reckless boy shoves past me.

I walk to my bus, but something catches my eye. "Casey! Let's go!" My sister yells from the window. "Hold on I think someone dropped their phone." I call back. Being the good citizen I am I pick it up. "Ummm, excuse me I think that's mine." Whispers a voice from behind me. I turn around, "Well I don't think it is." I say back to a tall skinny man. "Here," he says in a more demanding voice. Then holds out his hand. I give it to him, expecting him to run away but instead he turns on the phone and unlocks it. "Is that enough evidence?" He questions me showing me the unlocked phone. I turn and look at where my bus should of been, instead an empty soda cup.

"I could give you a ride." The man offers. "No thank you, I can wait in the office." I turn towards the school but see nothing. An itchy fabric scratches my face as I trip over the sidewalk. I hear a creak like a car door being opened. I was right, the next thing I felt was a carpeted floor and a rope being tied around my hands and feet. "Get off of me!" I struggled to say as my voice went hoarse. The next thing I knew I was drifting off to sleep to the sound of a car engine.