LGBT Characters

Ah, yes. After talking about how we can use old things to our advantage, now we'll learn how to write something relatively new: an LGBT character. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, or trans.

Okay, top secret stuff here, but I'll let you guys in on something: the main character in my next story "Smoking by the Windows" is a transgender, male to female.

The biggest thing is to do is show you mean no disrespect in this character existing. They don't exist to mock a gay person, but to acknowledge their existence in fan fiction and that we accept them.

I have Matt, a gay teenage boy who happens to be the object of Silver's affection, and will soon have this transwoman.

The purpose is to welcome these groups of people into the fandom without making them feel like they don't belong because they're drowning in straight stuff.

Also, don't just do it for smutty reasons, people. That's not cool. We don't want to sexualize this group of people, we want to make them feel accepted just like any other member. Yaoi and Yuri scenes are fine, but not an entire story full of it. That's not cool.

With lesbian or bisexual girls, you know what? We need more Jane stories. If you're reading this, go write a Jane story. I believe you can. I do, I really do. We need more of them for the fandom to read. We have enough Slender Man, Ben Drowned, and Jeff stories to drown in. I don't think it'd kill us to put Jane in there, because she's part of the canon just like all of our other characters.

With characters who are trans, don't be afraid to make them bi gendered or gender fluid or even agendered. There's nothing wrong with this and it needs to be done more. My best friend is trans, and I think it'd make him feel better knowing there were more trans characters.

Wow, that was short as shit. Well. See you next time, guys!

Comment if you plan on making an LGBT character, with kind of like a profile to go along.