jump

-a couple of days later-

*y/n pov*
One foot out over nothing. The other, barely balanced. You looked down from the rooftop.
"When you're in danger, I'll be there." his voice said in your head.
You stepped off.

-earlier that day-
Peter was waiting for you at the bottom of the stairs. Brad was waiting for you by the door. You looked between both of them and clutched your stomach. You remembered the events of last night:

(flashback)
You and Brad were kissing.
"I don't want you to see Peter anymore." He carried on kissing you.
"Why?" You pulled back.
"I don't like him." He tried to kiss you again.
"He's my best friend."
"I said I don't like him." He punched you in the stomach and kissed you again.
"Ow. Get off."
"Don't argue with me." He hit you again.
"No! I'm done. We're done." You yell at him and break free from his grasp.
"We're done when I say we're done." He pulled you back and kissed you again. His fist was digging into your stomach.
You knew you could quite easily fight back. Very easily get away. But what's the point. He's a boy. He thinks he's stronger than you, so he would just keep fighting back. And you couldn't get away without hurting him severely. But you didn't want to do that.
(back to present)

You walk towards Brad, bowing your head as you passed Peter. Brad lifted your chin with his finger and kissed you. He held your hand and pulled you into school.
You turned back to look at Peter, but he was busy talking to Ned, so you couldn't see his face.

Brad made you two sit alone at lunch. He didn't really have any of his own friends to sit with.
Peter and Ned got up from where they were already sitting and came to your table.
"Hi Brad, y/n. Mind if we sit?"
Brad didn't say anything. He was staring at his food. You looked at him and thought to play it safe.
"I was thinking maybe Brad and I could have some alone time right now."
"Oh. That's fine." Peter sighed.
"But I'll catch up with you guys later." You smiled at him.
"Ok. See you later!" Ned said and they walked off.
You returned to eating your lunch.
"Why did you say that?" Brad asked.
You didn't reply.
"I told you. I don't like him. I don't want you to see him."
"Brad. He's my friend. I can't just not see him."
He stood up and grabbed your hand. You got up yourself and walked out, as you didn't want anyone to see him just drag you out.
You got to an empty classroom and he shut the door.
"Before I had moved here, I heard that you and Peter had a little fight. He broke up with his girlfriend because she made him pick between her and you. And I heard you got mad when he chose you, and not his girlfriend."
He stepped over to you and punched you in the stomach. His fist stayed pressed into your chest.
"So why are you, my girlfriend, finding it so hard to choose me?"
"Fine. I choose you. You happy now? I won't see Peter again!"
"Why don't I believe you." He punched you again. "Do I have to talk to Peter myself?"
"No!" You thought about what might happen. He wouldn't possibly hurt Peter, would he? You didn't want to risk it. "No! I choose you! I promise. I won't see Peter again. I choose you."
He didn't say anything, or move from where he was.
You kissed him, in the hope that it would convince him.
"Was it really that hard?" He kissed you back. He made out with you for the rest of lunch, and you were forced to hold back tears for every minute of it.

You let it out when you got home.
You desperately wanted to tell someone. But you couldn't tell Peter because it would kill him. And you couldn't tell Bucky because he would kill Brad. Everyone else you knew would just tell one of them.
You just needed someone to listen for a bit.
Then you had an idea.
Someone who could just listen. They had no clue about anything going on in your personal life, and wouldn't risk running interference as it would most likely endanger their identity.
You had to find Spider-Man.
You went on a walk to find him, but had no luck.
But then you remembered something he had said to you the last time you saw him.
You knew how to reach him. You climbed a nearby fire escape to the roof of the building and walked over to the edge.
It was a long way down.
You climbed onto the wall.
One foot out over nothing. The other, barely balanced. You looked down from the rooftop.
"When you're in danger, I'll be there." his voice said in your head.
You stepped off.