y/n in danger

*Peter pov*

"Karen, call the police" I said addressing the AI in my suit. I returned my attention to the thug I had just stuck to a wall with webs, "and that's why you don't steal a lady's purse". I nod at the damsel and swung onto the nearest rooftop. I lay down, but something didn't feel right. I had taken care of the danger, hadn't I? I jumped up and started to shoot webs towards where my tingle told me danger was. All of a sudden, my heart dropped. As the café came into view, I had only one thought. Y/n. I hoped that she had gone home by now. I hoped so much.

*y/n pov*

As you lay on the floor, your head was pounding with the thoughts of a million things. There was one, however, that you couldn't ignore. A question you kept asking over and over in your mind. Why? Why did this man want to rob the sweet little old lady that ran this café. She barely had enough to keep the place running alone. So why here? Of all places?

"WHAT?!"

You froze as you realised you had said those last two sentences out loud. Your face was buried in your hair on the floor. But you could hear his footsteps. Hear him walking from where he was standing to beside you.

AAAAAAAHH

You screamed as you were pulled up backwards onto your knees by your hair. You felt his knee hit your back, and you pulled forward, but you were restricted by the mans grasp still on the back of your head.

"Let her go!"

You heard the yell. You were let go. You fell back onto the floor, and as your head collided with the ground, you felt a throbbing pain in your head. But it only lasted for a second. Then, you felt nothing.

*Peter pov*

"Let her go!" I yelled as I swung open the door and shot a web directly at the mans face. I heard a scream as I used a web to grab the gun the man was holding out of his hand. He drew another gun from his coat and shot at me, but I managed to dodge every bullet. I shot some more webs, trapping his feet in place, and one hand stuck to a nearby table. I turned as I talked to my AI "Karen, call the poli..." I was cut short by the feeling of a punch swing across the back of my head. I touched the back of my head in pain, and took no notice of the mans knife until it had sliced through my suit in the back of my shoulder. I swung around with a punch, hitting the guy in the jaw. I kept firing webs until he had been pushed back and stuck against the wall. I took the knife from his hand, covered in my blood. In that moment, I remembered y/n. I dropped the knife and turned to where she lay on the floor, so grateful I had a mask to hide my worry. I heard sirens in the distance and didn't hesitate to pick up y/n and hold her close to me. I draped her arm around my neck and held her waist with my arm. I swung out the door, thankful for the fresh air. I was swinging past buildings, but at a much slower rate, cautious for y/ns safety.

I heard a groan. y/n had started to wake up.

I slowed down even more, lowering myself into a nearby alleyway. I sat her down, propping her back against a wall. I began to pace the alleyway, before I noticed she had slumped onto the floor, lying in the dirt.

"y/n- ." I start to say her name, but stopped, as I became very aware of who I was in that moment.

"miss, are you ok?" I crouch by her as she does not respond, but slowly turns over to face me.

*y/n pov*

You felt the wind in your face. You let out a small groan, as the pain in your back and head returned. For a second, you realised you could not feel the ground beneath your feet, and there was something wrapped around your waist. You inhaled a breath of air, but picked up a comforting smell, cologne, the same type your brother wore.

But this was overpowered with the smell of blood. Before you knew it, you were intact with the ground again, and your back was propped against a wall. The pain prevented you from staying upright, so you shrunk down into a ball on the floor.

You had no idea where you were. The last place you remember was the café. Why now, were you here? You heard a voice behind you, but couldn't make out what it said. Your body turned over, as you urged to see who was there, despite the pain you were in.

Your vision was still minimal, as your eyes wouldn't fully open. In the dimly lit area, you made out a tall figure, dressed in dark shades of blue and red. Or maybe it only seemed that way because of the lighting. You couldn't tell. But right now, you didn't care. You just wanted to go to sleep.