First Shot

Kari

What's the punishment for murder again? Life imprisonment? No bail? Whatever consequences it entails, I don't care because I'm about to kill that cheating son of a bitch. Ihanda na ang mga kabaong!

"Ma'am? Are you okay?" Mukha ba kong okay? The driver asked while looking at me through the rearview mirror but I didn't respond. I never really got pissed over Manila traffic but today? It just fanned the flames.

I kept gripping my phone tightly—as if choking it to death—to contain my fury while ignoring the calls from my friends. Instead, I turned my attention to the window and looked at the crowd of cars that barely budged.

I kept biting my nails and shaking my feet as I felt my patience running thinner than ever. If anyone would see me right now, they'd be totally surprised. The Kari that they all know was anything but impulsive.

I never was the type to let my emotions get the best of me but today? I might commit a bloody murder and I won't regret it.

"Not really." I know that sounded rude but I couldn't help it. Even if my friends and everyone else may be panicking right now, I could care less. Thankfully, the driver didn't pry any further because I was not in the mood for small talk.

As I finally arrived at the hotel entrance and paid through my phone, I instantly ran inside like a bride about to lose her sanity. Luckily, the guards didn't stop me or else, they might be my first victims. Wala akong isasanto sa araw na 'to.

"Kari, you're really here!" Hindi, joke lang 'to, Tes. As if I could pass up this chance.

"Where is he?" I asked in heavy breaths as Tes held me by the arms as she met me by the lobby. She looked at me from head to toe and I could not give a damn about the strange looks that I was getting. Wala akong pake kung mukha akong baliw ngayon basta't mapatay ko lang yung papakasalan ko sana.

I know it was weird seeing a bride in full make-up and on a wedding dress with a long veil but was barefoot while running amok in a grand hotel lobby with all the expensive statues and luxurious linens everywhere. Nevertheless, that's the least of my problems right now. Stare all you want, motherfuckers.

"He went to the restaurant a while ago." She led me towards the said location without saying anything else. Buti na lang hindi na siya nagsalita pa.

When we reached the place, I almost felt like ripping that smile off his face while he was picking out food with a woman in his arms as they were walking around the buffet area. A woman who was so slender and perfect that even if I try to starve myself to death, I still can't achieve that body type.

"Kari, wait, you need to think about this calmly!" Tes stood in front of me, stopping me in my tracks as I strode towards Jake. I almost pushed her away out of annoyance because no one could stop me. Not with what I'm witnessing right now! Kung ayaw niyang madamay pa, pwes tumakbo kana paalis, Tes.

"Get out of my way, Tes, before I hurt you." She better stays a foot away from me or else, I might not control myself and include her too. "Hold this for me." I gave her my iPhone which has too many saved contacts that I can't just throw away without regretting it. Amidst it all, ayoko pa rin magaksaya ng pera nuh.

"But Kari, you better calm down first—" I glared at her straight in the eye and that made her stop. Calmly? Would anyone be calm to see the love of their life cheat on them before their wedding day?