22.

Bold writing is flashbacks.
-

"I always told myself I swore off love, or maybe I just wasn't capable of feeling those emotions. I always said that maybe it wasn't right for me, maybe I wasn't I would just need to love myself before anyone else could love me. Then again, how could I not love myself, I mean look at me." Louis chuckled, "but I'll never forget the third time we met, how I looked into your eyes, and you looked into mine. I thought to myself there, 'would someone like that ever like someone like me? How could I even be someone like that?'"

Louis was home the day the divorce became final, sitting on the couch with his glasses perched onto his nose. A law book in his hand, silence cascading over the apartment. The casual words coming from Zayn about something that he and Liam were relationship bantering about.

The day was nice, peaceful, nothing could really ever change the dynamic of the group that they had formed. If anything the four felt more comfortable living together than they ever felt living anywhere in their lives. Even Harry had become completely comfortable living with the group of men- with the occasional Niall coming through to sleep on the couch.

"You think he is going to have regrets?" Louis asked suddenly, placing the book down. "Like not being with a woman, her?"

Zayn looked at Louis confused, he never considered another option for Harry but Louis after they met. He never really thought about Harry's regrets, nor did he really think that he had any.

The raven hair boy moved to position himself on Louis' side, pulling him into a comforting spoon. Resting his head on his best friend shoulder. They both let out soft sighed, enjoying the feeling of platonic comfort.