Chapter 11

The next day I woke up and after dressing I went to Gabe's office looking for him so that we could head to breakfast together. I also wanted to talk to him about finding a job, or helping him out in the office filing or something.

When I heard Alexis speaking.

"I had your shirt dry cleaned, I just wanted to thank you for giving me your shirt to wear. I just had get out of mine clothes, it was hot and I was so sticky it was uncomfortable." She purred. I decided to enter the office. Knowing Alexis she trying to make a move on Gabe, and I just wanted her to know I was still around.

"Good morning, Gabe, Alexis." I said cheerfully, or at least I hope it sounded cheerfully.

As I sat down on the couch, Alexis pulled a cell phone out of her purse.

"Gabe, babe, you left your cell in my hotel bed. I found it just after you left, our last night together. I had just gotten out of the shower, I felt so sticky and a little dirty. All that stickiness over my breast, down my tummy and down through my thighs. I decided to fre........" she continued to purr. While running her hand along Gabe's shoulder.

At that point I had enough, if the reason Gabe was late was because of Alexis then he could continue to screw the shit out of her. I was not going to sit like a good little girl and play nice. Leaving the office I went my room, or I should say the guest room. I changed into the my old work uniform, my work shoes and found my purse, making sure I still had the keys to my home. I also had my inhaler, my debit card and about $50 in cash.

On the way out I could hear Gabe yelling, asking Alexis what the hell she was thinking?

Frankly, I was too hurt to care anymore. I, literally got screwed by the first guy in my life, now I was just screwed in a completely different way by another.

I don't know witch hurt more the physical rape or the emotional pain from a stomped on heart. I know now that I am in love with Gabe.

An hour later I was at "Big Bubba's country store" waiting for my taxi.

The taxi was late, they said they would be here in 10 minutes and 20 minutes later I was still waiting.

I was glad to see an Burgundy Fj Cruiser pull up to the store, thinking I could hitch a ride to town. I stopped half way to the FJ when I saw Gabe and Ella get out.

"Sofia" Ella yelled as she ran and pulled me into a hug. "Are you O.K.? You just disappeared. We looked everywhere for you. We thought some one had taken you." Letting me go, abruptly. Ella turned to Gabe and began glaring at him.

"What the hell Gabe, You were with Alexis? Are you an idiot?" She exclaimed. "After all this time, trying to get Sofia to at least give you a chance, you fuck it up. Eres un burro. Idiota!"

"Let's go Sofia, Gabe give me your keys. I'm sure you have a faster way of getting home." She said icily, and we went to the FJ, leaving Gabe just standing in the middle of the parking lot. I couldn't help but stare at him, my tears making his all fuzzy. We stopped for some rocky road ice cream before heading home.

"Do you know what's funny? I realized that I'm in love with him. I want to blame Alexis, because I just don't like her." I complained. "But he knew we were trying to become more, she didn't, so I blame him 100%. How am I going to stay at his home? With the way I feel about him. Is it possible to love and hate some one at the same time."

Soon afterward we pulled in the drive way. Ella gave a hug.

"I'll find out what's going on." she whispered to me.

Two hours later, I had finished bathing and changing to shorts and plan t-shirt with flip flop. I was on my way downstairs to get some thing to eat. I never ate breakfast and skipped lunch. I pulled out the making for a ham and cheese sandwich.

I had only taken two bits when Gabe entered the kitchen, I was debating wither to leave and take my meal to my room when he spoke.

"Your always running away, weather its jumping off a building, hurting your self or simply leaving. I see you really don't trust me, trust us or what we could be. I love you enough to let you go. Gavin has a lead on Max, once that is cleared up. I'll take you home. In the mean time, I'll keep my distance." He said emotionlessly.

"I'm not running away, I refuse to be made a fool of. You said the meeting ran late and you lost your cell. Not that you met with Alexis, and some how she became hot and sticky and then wound up in your shirt with your cell lost in her bed in her hotel room." I raged. Slamming the palms of my hand on the counter as I stood and glared at him.

"Alexis has been after me for years, do you think after I am so close to having you, to be in a relationship with you and you maybe loving me, I would throw it all away for her." He growled back.

"Then why were you in her hotel room? How did she become hot and sticky? Why was she wearing you shirt? And how did your cel..."

"Dam it, Sophia" Gabe roared. And hit the counter with his fist, breaking a chunk off, I was startled in to silence by his sudden burst of rage.

"I met Alexis in her room to re-sign the contracts she misplaced. She was coming on to me as usual, to avoid her and come home as soon as possible, I "accidentally" knock her cappuccino on to her. I didn't know she had already packed and sent her luggage to check out. She had nothing to change into, so I took a shirt from my suitcase for her to change into. I don't know how my cell got into her bed, I may have dropped while going through my case." He explained, and then walked out of the kitchen.

Losing my appetite, I went to find Ella.

"I don't know what to think. I mean, what Gabe said sound like something that Alexis would do. But why wouldn't he tell me. Why would give me a watered down version on the truth? If only he had told me why he was late, all of this could be avoided." I complained to Ella.

"I spoke to Gabe and I saw what happened, Alexis was manipulating her words to make it sound like something happened when it didn't." She clarified.

"It must be nice to have that ability, to see the past and see truths or lies." I sighed.

"I can't just see it, I have to look for it and the other person has to allow me to see it. If they avoid thinking about, then I can't see anything." she explained.

"Well, now what am I going to do? Gabe's really upset with me. I messed up royally, I think he's going to avoid me. I have to find some way to let him know I sorry and I over-reacted. I really love him, Ella. And I want to stay with Gabe and you and the baby. I going to be an auntie!"

Soon afterwards, I went to my room and changed for bed. I tried to sleep, but I kept seeing the look in Gabe's eyes. I could see how disappointed he was in me. I could also see the hurt that I caused him, and the love he had for me. Before the next day was over, I vowed to apologize to him and let him know that I am in love with him. I could only hope that he loved me enough to forgive me, and give me another chance.

With that thought fresh in my mind, I soon drifter to sleep.