Chapter 7

Three days later, I was bored out of my mind.

Ella and I spent then last two nights, talking and getting hyper on chocolate.

Today she was out with Gavin, so I was left to my thoughts once again. Thinking about that delicious kiss Gabe and shared the day before he had to leave. He said he would try and back be tomorrow, but if problems arise it may be as late as Sunday.

To top it all off, I was having trouble sleeping. I kept dreaming about Gabe.

And not even the shower head was helping.

Sitting in the den, I started to read. But I kept thinking back to the kiss. Should really I give us a try. I wanted to, but I couldn’t help feeling that it wouldn’t be fair to Gabe. I never thought I could ever be with him in a sexual relationship, not without remembering. Dam, Max took away my safety and trust, now his taking away my future. But for Gabe, I wanted to try.

The ringing telephone snapped me out of my thoughts.

“ Masterson Residence, how my I help you?” I answered.

“ Hmm, there’s the voice I’ve been dying to hear.”

“Baby, how are things going?” I asked. The sound of his voice, making my heart flutter excitedly.

“It’s going so great, that I leaving this evening and will be home to by eight tonight. I’ve really missed you.”

“You have? Well, I’ve been really busy and didn’t even notice you were gone. I’ve been reading, and reading and then to mix things up I read some more.” I teased.

“I seems like I wasn’t missed at all, maybe I should just stay until Sunday.” He warned.

“ I’m sorry I didn’t mean it, I’ve been so bored. All I do is mope around, praying for your return. I’m practically waiting on the door stoop, for you to rescue me from this never ending boredom.”

“That is more like it.” he replied “ Seriously, I’ll be home tonight, wait up for me. I want to hold you in my arms, as soon as I walk through the door.”

“ See you then, I can’t wait. Bye.” Love ‘ya. I wanted to say it.

Looking at the time, its 2:30 p.m. and Gabe will be here at 8 p.m. That gave me less than six hours to get ready. I need to shower, do my hair, find something to wear and make some dinner. So I ran out of the den and to my room to get started.

By 7 p.m., I had finished making dinner, nothing fancy a spinach salad with blue berries, sliced strawberries and walnuts with a raspberry dressing.

And stewed beef with plenty of fresh vegetables and of course some chocolate mousse for dessert.

By 7:45 p.m., I had finished dressing. I was wearing a short grey skirt that reached mid thigh and a pink sleeveless blouse with pink flats.

I went down stair and decided to wait for him on the porch stoop.

By 8:30 p.m., I went in side to the living area and tried to read my book.

Bye 9:30 p.m., I put the food away and shut off the food warmer.

By 10 p.m., I curled up on the couch and decided to rest my eyes just for a little bit.

I awoke to the sun shining brightly across my face, turning to avoid it. I see Gabe sleeping beside me, still in his jean and t-shirt. Looking around, I see that I’m in my room still dressed in my skirt and blouse. I slid off the bed and freshen up in the bathroom, before leaving the room. I didn’t know what time Gabe came in last night and decided to let him rest.