Chapter 4

Gabe--POV

I entered the living area, something was wrong. I smelled blood, lots

of blood. I rushed to the bedroom, it was empty. I heard the

shower running, I ran to bathroom. The smell of blood was over powering. I must remain in control!

Sofia, Sofia --What have you done? I can't be too late. I just found you.

I lifted her out of the shower, and placed her on the bed.

" Don't leave me, Sofia" I whispered softly in ear. I took her right

hand licked the cut on wrist. Her blood stopped flowing as her wound began to heal . I then moved to her left thigh, and licked that wound. I

search for anymore cuts but found none. Sofia was so pale so lost so

much blood.

"Ella, Ella" I roared " Ella"

It seemed like an eternity passed but Ella ran through the door.

"Call the Doc, she needs blood.”

Please, hurry. Please, please, please live. " And I began to cry.

I tried to save you and wound up hurting you. I never wanted you to know why I took you away from your life. In saving you I brought her nightmares to life.

When I saw her at work, I fell madly in love.

She recommended a perfume for Ella's twentieth birthday. D&G

Light blue. Ella loved it. But I couldn't get Sofia out of mind. I haven’t been interested in getting to know a women, since I was human. Most women satisfy my sexual urges, and nothing more. That was the charm of a vampire. But Sofia talked to me, she was interesting and smart. I went back twice more, always talking to her. I wanted to see her smile and laugh, it made me feel alive. I asked her out a few times, but never agreed. She seemed same what shy and always blushing. I knew I wanted to get to know her, maybe be with her forever.

I spent may years alone and loathing what I am. I tried to do good, where I could. I now lived off advanced donor blood, instead of humans. I've built the VDBB nearly fifty years ago. With the Vampire Donor Blood Banks, many lower income individuals are paid for donating blood and plasma.

While I have some peace in the fact I haven't take forced human blood in fifty years, there are twenty years that I did what I needed to survive. I tried never to kill, only take what I needed - but accidents do happen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sofia--POV

I felt at peace, warm and the sun shining on my face. I opened my eyes expecting heaven. But I was still in hell. Why can’t I just die!

Master was kneeling by the bedside, he smiled the most amazing smile. Tears fell from his sad blue eyes. Why was he crying?

" Sofia, you are safe here. Believe that. I will not harm you."

"B-but, you said I'm yours. I'm yours, I would have to- we

would ..would ..would have to be together. " I stammered.