Chapter 15 - The End

Epilogue

I awoke to the bright sun shining, the birds singing.

And this time, I didn’t mind.

I could see Gabe, slumped over in the chair his head on the mattress and his hand gripping mine.

With my other hand, I gently ran my finger through his hair. Content that I had another chance with Gabe. I wasn’t going to let petty jealousy or misunderstanding stand in our way.

I wasn’t afraid of love, to love, to be in love and most of all I wasn’t afraid to give myself in love.

“Gabe, babe, wake up.” I cooed softly.

Gabe snapped up, and gently pulled me into his warm embrace.

“Oh god, Sofia. Why is it we always seem to be in a life or death situation? I’ve aged years in last month, and I’m immortal.”

“Can you shut up and kiss me?” I replied.

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” An then he kissed me. A toe curling, pour all your love into it kiss.

After a few minute of kissing, because I couldn’t do more, Gabe told me that Ella found out I was in the cellar. They were waiting just outside the kitchen. If I had not attacked Ana, Gabe would have stopped her when she tried to leave the kitchen.

The bullet went straight through my left side, I was lucky, it missed vital organs. There was more blood than damage. Dr. Martin said two more days of bed rest, plenty of liquids and I should be able to move around, if I take it easy.

“What happened to Ana?” I asked.

“She under arrest.” Gabe answered. “She kidnapped you, and shot you. While my first instinct was to kill her, I knew you wouldn’t approve.”

“Your right, I wouldn’t but I would like to kick her ass for shooting me. And for stopping me from properly apologizing to you. I tried, but I let my anger take over and I thought I’ll do it later. Little did I know that there was almost no later. I’m truly sor….”

“No Sorry’s” He interrupted. “We wasted so much time in anger, confusion, and jealousy. Lets just be, you and me together.”

“OK, but there are two problems.”

“Oh, really and what are they?”

“ Well, first - I’m hungry and second - my side is starting to hurt.” I pouted.

“Ella is making you something to eat, I go help her and I’ll also bring you your pain meds.” He then kissed my forehead and left the room.

In the two day I was bed bound, Gabe and I look on-line for things for our room. He moved us in to the Master suit and wanted it to reflect both of our personalities. I warmed it up with some neutral tones of browns and grays. Nothing too girly and much less masculine than it was.

Gavin had found that Greg had long since left the country, he left the same night he attacked me. All the notes and warning had come from Ana, with some help from Alexis. Ana was able to convince Alexis to help her, by telling her she could get me to leave Gabe. We were unable to prove any of this, but Alexis father agreed to remove her from any dealings with Plasmid Technologies or with Gabriel. The amount of money Plasmid Technologies was paying for their services out weight loyalty to a misguided daughter.

On the third day Gabe was hesitant to let me walk around. And was in a near panic as I told I wanted to go out side and not stay cooped up in the house.

Grudgingly, we left the estate.

After my second slice of pepperoni pizza, with extra cheese and a coke, I decided I had wasted enough time.

“I love you, Gabe.” I began. “ Let me finish, I want nothing intruding, delaying or stopping what I need to say to you”

Taking a deep breath I continued.

“ I love you, My place, my home is with you. You have my heart, my soul and my body is your for the taking. I’m not afraid anymore, I know that you love me, would never hurt me. I don’t know if I want to be a vampire just yet, but one day I will. I can see us forever, together. …” By now I was so nervous I was rambling, until Gabe laughed at me. Then I crossed my arm and pouted.

How dare he laugh at me!

“Sophia, I had no intention of letting you leave. I cant live without you. And as for your body, I can wait. Let me know, and we will be amazing.”

The words I was about to say got lost when he kissed me.

I don’t know how, but I was going to have Gabe tonight. I was going to enjoy seducing him. Maybe just white bikini panties and a crop top, after I shower tonight. I’ll “forget” to dry off, before I dress and…

This kiss is amazing, my Gabriel.

My live is good.

I cant wait for the rest of it, with Gabe. Forever.