Beaten in Everything but Words Part 2

Gerard's POV

I screamed as the bullet left the shot gun Rick wa sholding. It soared through the air before I heard a piercing scream. My head snapped in the direction of the impact and my eyes went wide with hurt.

"Mikey!" I scream. Frank's eyes were filled with hurt and remorse, the paramedics acting extremely useless. One of them raised their walie-talkie and contacted the police and another ambulance.

I kneel beside my brother, Mikey was on the floor, holding his hip were the wound from the bullet had formed. His eyes were red and his brown hair was blowing softly in the wind. Tears trickled down my cheeks as I gripped onto my brothers hand.

"It's be okay, I promise," I whisper pointlessly. I can't let this happen. I need Mikey. I need him so much, the same way I need to breathe. I freak out as Mikey closes his eyes. Why was he even here?

He shouldn't have followed me. He should have gone to class. My eyes widen before I burst into more tears. This is my fault. My brothers pain is my fault! No! I can't believe I was beeing so cruel to him. He's innocent, Mikey's always been innocent.

I stumble and try to get back onto my feet, but it's useless. Frabk can hardly breathe and you can't even see his white skin anymore, and now my dear brother has been shot and the amount of blood leeking is increasing dramatically.

"You monster!" I bellow, my head facing Rick who wore a sickly smug expression.

"You're under arrest," a police man yelled. There was twelve of them, all surrounding Rick.

They all held guns, all held shields and there was cop cars blasting out their sirens. Nosey neighbours got out of their houses and gasped as they took in the scene beforethem.

"They deserved it!" Rick snapped scornfully. THAT BASTARD!

I do not want to meet the specimen that was capable of producing him.

I don't really know what was happening behind me naymore, my eyes was just staring intently on my baby brother. my baby brother. I cry as I hold his body tightly to mine. This is my fault. I'm the worst big brother in the entire universe. How are our lives all messed up?

"He needs to go to hospital son," a nurse spoke.

This'll hit the news papers within seconds I bet. Madman beats sixteen year old and made a shot to damage a passer-by. This will be an insane report that will tear me in pieces. If only I had taken action when Frank told me in the van. I had to be a bitch and make him forget about it. It's all my fault. I need my brother, and I need my Frank. As cheesy as that sounds, it's true.

Three hours later when Frank and Mikey are all at the hospital, I'm still in the same position I was in when Mikey was taken away from me. I was on my knees, my head in my hands, crying for an answer. Wanting a way out of this. They don't deserve it. I deserve it more than they do! Frank did nothing wrong, why had Rick taken a fucking joy to rape and child abuse? It isn't right. It must be a dream. But when I finally open my eyes I know it wasn't a dream. Rick's in prosion behind cold bars where he should be, but Frank and Mikey are hurt emotionally as wlel as physically whilst laid in hospital, with my parents hovering over them like flies.

I got calls from my parents becuase the police and hospital rang them. I still haven't moved. I haven't answered to their calls. I just knelt here, all that time. I need to gte up and fucking run to the hospital. That's what I need to do. But I don't. I'm pathetic on so many levels.

Ray crept up behind me, tears in his eyes. "Is it true?"

I nod sady before crying again.

"Yeah."

"Gerard, get up!" he snapped visiously. I stood up immediately.

"What?" I hissed through gritted teeth.

"What do you mean what? Your flipping boyfriend has been beaten so badly you don't even know there's a person under it. Your fucking baby brother is in hospital because he's been shot by a madman that needs to be sent to his death. And all you do is kneel on the fucking ground doing aboslutely shit all!" Ray exclaimed angrily.

I realise how useless I've been around here lately. I realise how things are way better without me. If I hadn't interfered then my brother would be alright, that Frabk would be able to survive. I realise just how bad I am to my best friends. They saved me from myself and I repay them by doing nothing at all. Ray's right. I need to get off of my arse. I reach down and grab the shotgun Rick had used. Ray's eyes widen and winces as he thinks I'm going to shoot him. Oh boy is he wrong.

I close my eyes and breathe out hastily before raising my arm slowly, pressing the point of the gun to my head.

"NO!" Ray excliamed. My fingers traced the trigger before biting my bottom lip. I'm going to do it. I need to do it. No one needs me.

I don't even need myself. I'm gunna do it, it'll help everyone else if I just leave. I ignore Ray's cries and pleads to stop and Open my eyes before willing to pull the trigger...