𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 5

☀︎︎The forbidden Zone: part 2☀︎︎

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Later after Sage had safely made it back home, she decided to go to Topper's party with Sarah. The girl knew she would probably run into Chase at least once, but she didn't care. She couldn't let the fear of running into him control her, they lived on the same side of the island and they were 16. For the next two years at least, they would run into each other a lot.

"Yo, Topper's on the roof!" some guy shouted.

Sage looked up to indeed see the Thornton boy on the roof. Shaking her head and smirking she walked off, not wanting to be anywhere near the scene if he fell off.

Seconds later, she heard splashing to see her sister and Topper in the pool.

"What up, Rafe!" another voice said, coming from the direction Sage was headed. That caused Sage to keep walking to the kitchen instead of where she was originally going, which is where her brother now was.

"Rafe! What's up man?"

"What do you want Chase?"

"Well uh, I think you know what I came over here to get. But, I wanted to ask you about your sister."

At the mention of his sister, Rafe paid better attention to the conversation. "What about her?"

"She broke up with me. Pretty sure it was for a pogue too."

"What are you talking about?"

"The other night at the boneyard, that Maybank guy kept giving her these looks. I caught her looking at him too."

"I'm sure it's nothing." Rafe tried to brush it off, but he was going to ask her about it at one point. The one thing she couldn't do was be
with a pogue. "Don't worry. She'll come running back when she realizes he's shit."

"Thanks man." Chase said walking off.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

The next day, Sage went with Sarah who oddly enough went to the cut to see John B.

"It's your turn." Sage said as she walked up to John B with her sister.

"For what?"

"To ask me what I'm doing here."

"Um- what are you doing here?"